Places to Eat at Whistler???

Old January 12th 04, 02:13 AM
John Davison

Default Places to Eat at Whistler???

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

Thanks in advance,

John
Old January 12th 04, 04:49 PM
BillM

Just got back last night. Had a great meal at Araxi (formal). Prices were a
bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris), but worth it to sit down
for a nice meal with friends. The other steaks were under $50, and they have
an extensive seafood menu. See www.araxi.com for more.
Citta is pretty good as well. There's also a southwestern theme place around
the corner from Amsterdam cafe that was good. I heard Amsterdam was good,
but every time we went they were full.
A few of the people in our group came back from Sushi Village with good
comments as well.
Most places post the menu outside.

Have a great time!

BillM

om...

Old January 12th 04, 05:12 PM
Walt

"John Davison" wrote

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

Rim Rock Cafe. A bit off the beaten track - excellent food and not as
hectic as the village restaurants. Not cheap, but not a budget buster
either.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 12th 04, 05:22 PM
lal_truckee

BillM wrote:

Prices were a
bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris), but worth it to sit down
for a nice meal with friends. The other steaks were under $50

Even in Canadian dollars, I have to ask: ARE YOU BLOODY NUTS!

Geezus, but skiing has really lost it's way since the days of sleeping
on the Squaw Valley church pews (free and WARM) and skiing KT22 the day
after a storm for $5, while living on beer, cheese, and a loaf of French...

Old January 13th 04, 02:03 AM
Dave M

John Davison wrote:

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

Thanks in advance,

John

There is a Thai place at the Blackcomb base that is OK if you like
Thai. Pretty informal and not too expensive.

Dave
Old January 13th 04, 07:47 AM
BillM

Since a reservation is pretty much required, there must be a lot of other
people that are nuts as well.

When I lived in Vail at the age of 18 back in the early 80's, I would have
thought this nuts too. My roomates and I would eat beans and rice to be able
to afford a season pass 'cause skiing was more important than eating.

Spending some money on a nice meal with a good group of friends is worth
more to me now, and it's not such a blow to the pocketbook now that I'm all
grown up (or at least pretend to be for my day job).

Some people won't spend more than $10 on a bottle of wine. Some will spend
thousands. Most of us are somewhere in between depending on our priorities
and means.

BillM

Old January 13th 04, 03:00 PM
Walt

BillM wrote:
lal wrote:
BillM wrote:

Prices were a bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris)..

Even in Canadian dollars, I have to ask: ARE YOU BLOODY NUTS!

Since a reservation is pretty much required, there must be a lot of other
people that are nuts as well.

Well, yeah. There are lots of people who are so nutty that they go
somewhere that's both crowded and expensive. Ever been to Vail?

When I lived in Vail...

Ok. That explains things a bit.

--
//-Walt