Zip-in fleece for North Face parka's

Old January 28th 04, 11:24 PM
voice3

Default Zip-in fleece for North Face parka's

Does anyone know if there are any off brand fleeces that will zip into North
Face Parka's?
Thanks,
Matt

Old January 28th 04, 11:43 PM
lal_truckee

Sven Golly wrote:
"voice3" wrote in
k.net:

Does anyone know if there are any off brand fleeces that will zip into
North Face Parka's?

I bought a K-mart one that did. You just have to try the one's you find.
Of course, now I never zip it in because that kills off some of your
inside pockets.

Seconded - I had an cheapo fleece jacket when I got a priced down NF
parka. I was disappointed to find it had a liner zipper built into it,
and resolved to cut the waseful zipper out. Unfortunately I tried my
existing fleece and it fit, so while I've never zipped it into the
parka, I've been hesitant to cut the unused parka liner zipper out, in
case there was ever a time when using a zip-in liner made sense. I can't
think of any such, but YMMV.

Apparently the zipper is fairly common sized.

Old January 29th 04, 04:11 AM
bdubya

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:43:32 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote:

Sven Golly wrote:
"voice3" wrote in
k.net:

Does anyone know if there are any off brand fleeces that will zip into
North Face Parka's?

I bought a K-mart one that did. You just have to try the one's you find.
Of course, now I never zip it in because that kills off some of your
inside pockets.

Seconded - I had an cheapo fleece jacket when I got a priced down NF
parka. I was disappointed to find it had a liner zipper built into it,
and resolved to cut the waseful zipper out. Unfortunately I tried my
existing fleece and it fit, so while I've never zipped it into the
parka, I've been hesitant to cut the unused parka liner zipper out, in
case there was ever a time when using a zip-in liner made sense. I can't
think of any such, but YMMV.

Apparently the zipper is fairly common sized.

Thirded - my Patagucci and North Face fleeces will zip into either of
my Marmot shells (although neither is a perfect fit). But why bother?
All that does, IMHO, is give you a cold stripe down the front of your
torso (where the shell zips together, with no fleece beneath). Not
zipping them together gives me more flexibility for adjusting
insulation and ventilation, and allows both layers to hang more
naturally. The only downside is that I have to zip each layer
separately, which is negligible as inconveniences go.

bw
Old January 29th 04, 04:14 PM
Jay Sitkin

I was looking for the same thing for my Mt Light. While searching the WEB I
found an online store, The Sports Basement that has last year and previous
year North Face apparel at nice discounts. I ended up buying the Salathe
Fleese and it works perfectly. The Salathe has large cloth slots on the
inside that i use to carry water bottles and such. I have had it for 2
season now and am very pleased. I have included the URL for your
convenience:

http://www.sportsbasement.com

http://www.sportsbasement.com/jump.j...ProductID=5389

Jay

k.net...

Old January 30th 04, 09:18 PM
Michael Dart

In k.net,
voice3 typed:
Does anyone know if there are any off brand fleeces that will zip
into North Face Parka's?
Thanks,
Matt

****, the 300 wt Northface fleece I just bought wouldn't zip into my NF
parka. Lesson: Wear the parka into the store and try the zippers. The only
thing missing from off-brand is the little snap loop that fastens the
sleeves into the parka. A seamstress could hook you up with some however.
I happen to know a good one. http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com

Mike