Christmas in VT or NH? Cant decide!

Old September 18th 03, 06:28 PM
TS

Default Christmas in VT or NH? Cant decide!

Ok, we decided we want to spend Xmas skiing this year. I want to leave
on the 23rd and come back on the 26th or 27th...

I have it somewhat narrowed down to either the N. Conway area (Attitash,
Wildcat, B. Woods), or Stowe.
Stowe is my favorite of all, and I know would be just beautiful for
Xmas, but it is very expensive. N. Conway area would also be nice,
closer, and probably not as much $.
I'd like to stay somewhere with a suite, or 2 rooms (me, wife, kid).
Can anyone make any suggestions of where we might go? Esp. a good hotel
(with a nice pool, hottub, etc.) in either locations...
Where would you go/stay?

Thanks!!

--
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...
Old September 19th 03, 02:39 AM
JQ

"TS" wrote in message
Ok, we decided we want to spend Xmas skiing this year. I want to leave
on the 23rd and come back on the 26th or 27th...

I have it somewhat narrowed down to either the N. Conway area (Attitash,
Wildcat, B. Woods), or Stowe.
Stowe is my favorite of all, and I know would be just beautiful for
Xmas, but it is very expensive. N. Conway area would also be nice,
closer, and probably not as much $.
I'd like to stay somewhere with a suite, or 2 rooms (me, wife, kid).
Can anyone make any suggestions of where we might go? Esp. a good hotel
(with a nice pool, hottub, etc.) in either locations...
Where would you go/stay?

Thanks!!

--
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

How about Sunday River, Maine? If you stay in Gorham, NH you can ski Wild
Cat, Attitash Bear, Bretton Wood and Sunday River all are within 1/2 hour.
There is a small hotel in Gorham that has an indoor pool, hot tub and
fitness center sorry, I don't recall the name. I normally stay in the
Colonial Comfort Inn owned by a skier and ski instructor at Wild Cat and
they offer a free breakfast (eggs, toast and coffee).

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old September 22nd 03, 08:37 PM
metrocast

I agree. I am a Wildcat fan. For lodging try
http://www.mountwashingtonvalley.com/
Eagle Mountain House is a personal favorite in Jackson and they have suites

Old September 24th 03, 09:33 PM
nione

I'd go with Stowe if you want better snow. Bolton Valley and Smuggler's
Notch are also both right there, and they are less crowded. (Bolton is VERY
quiet). And Bolton is a lot cheaper too.