Sun Peaks

Old October 13th 03, 04:07 PM
Barney

Default Sun Peaks

Has anyone got any major gripes against Sun Peaks in Canada? Cos if not,
I'll book a holiday out there for the end of February.

Old October 13th 03, 05:11 PM
Mike T

Has anyone got any major gripes against Sun Peaks in Canada? Cos if
not,
I'll book a holiday out there for the end of February.

I'm going there around the middle of December for a SnowPerformance
carve camp. I've heard they have good early season coverage due to
extensive man made snow. I don't know about night life etc. You
might try www.bomberline.com... I bet someone there has done the camp
before and might have more to tell you.

Mike T

Old October 15th 03, 10:54 AM
pj

Has anyone got any major gripes against Sun Peaks in Canada?
No.

Cos if not, I'll book a holiday out there for the end of February.

Fine. It's a fair way from anywhere else, and the "resort" is half an hour
or so up the highway from Kamloops, which itself isn't that easy to get to.
There is a fair amount of (new) accomodation up at the hill, although I've
always stayed in Kamloops, probably mostly because there didn't use to be
anything at all up at the hill. Kamloops is ok once you work out where the
two restaurants with decent food are.

I'm going there around the middle of December for a SnowPerformance
carve camp. I've heard they have good early season coverage due to
extensive man made snow. I don't know about night life etc.

I'm not sure about artificial snow; there are a few portable machines I
remember (from last year), but nothing like European systems. Really you
need to wait and see what the conditions are like. Last year wasn't
particularly good, at least when I was there in January. It's a good place
for carving with some large motorways and some fun bump runs at the top. As
with the rest of Canada, it can get cold. It can also rain, although it's
better than Whistler (further from the sea) in that respect.

phil

Old October 15th 03, 02:36 PM
Barney

"pj" wrote in message

Fine. It's a fair way from anywhere else, and the "resort" is half an hour
or so up the highway from Kamloops, which itself isn't that easy to get

to.
There is a fair amount of (new) accomodation up at the hill, although I've
always stayed in Kamloops, probably mostly because there didn't use to be
anything at all up at the hill. Kamloops is ok once you work out where the
two restaurants with decent food are.

We're staying up at the resort. It looks pretty nice.

As with the rest of Canada, it can get cold. It can also rain

That's OK - I'm used to riding in Scotland, where sleet, rain, fog, gravel
and heather are fairly normal.

Cheers for the help.

Old October 17th 03, 08:15 PM
Howard

Sun Peak has a small but cozy village, the atmosphere is very good.
You shouldn't expect nightlife like Whistler cause the village is
small but you do have a good selection of restaurants.

If my memory is correct, there is no night skiing in Sun Peak.

They usually don't make snow cause they usually get lots of snow in
Ski season since they are close to the Rockey and high in altitude.
Therefore, I don't think they have big snow-maker.