Keski 25k Classic. View from the back.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 04, 08:25 PM
Tim Dudley

Default Keski 25k Classic. View from the back.

I saw Beckie at the Sprints on Friday night and had a chance to talk with
her very briefly. She's quite remarkable - like John says, she's really
smiley, and was that way every time I saw her during the weekend. She's
very gracious with all of the attention she was getting, and was absolutely
thrilling little kids on Sunday after the race when she was signing
autographs in the gym. I am now officially a Big Fan.

Her skating is some of the best I've seen - smooth, powerful, controlled,
fast, and her race tactics were bang on, even on a 2-lap 300 meter (if that)
loop. She made a nice pass for the lead the second time through the only
sharp turn in the course, and just cruised away after that.

Tim

on 16/2/04 22:56, John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

snip...

What else? I saw Beckie Scott but missed seeing her skiing. She is
really tan and really smiley and really fit looking. A winning
combination. And I finally know my way around inside the CEGEP which
is comforting.