replacement boot liners ?

Old March 24th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ron - NY

Default replacement boot liners ?

I f*ucked up and put my boots too close to the heater and melted a piece of
my boot liners . I really like these boots and they're very comfortable so I
want to keep them for a long time . They are Salomon 1080's about 5 years
old , do you think I can still get replacement boot liners for these , if so
where ,would Salomon still sell them ? I also want to replace the bottom
heel plate that wears out from walking .
thanx
Ron

Old March 24th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 23, 9:05 pm, "Ron - NY" wrote:
I f*ucked up and put my boots too close to the heater and melted a piece of
my boot liners . I really like these boots and they're very comfortable so I
want to keep them for a long time . They are Salomon 1080's about 5 years
old , do you think I can still get replacement boot liners for these , if so
where ,would Salomon still sell them ? I also want to replace the bottom
heel plate that wears out from walking .
thanx
Ron

I would head to whatever ski shop you have that sells salomon stuff,
and find out what you have to do to get liners. They'll get you
sorted.

You can also contact this place---- World's Greatest Bootfitters IMHO,
and they can sell you custom liners for them. http://www.surefoot.com/

Good luck!

Chris

Old March 25th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mads Bondo Dydensborg

wrote:

You can also contact this place---- World's Greatest Bootfitters IMHO,
and they can sell you custom liners for them.
http://www.surefoot.com/

Thanks for that link. They look like something I really need.

Regards,

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

deserve neither liberty nor safety.

- Ben Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Old March 26th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Patrick Tibbits

Just last year I tried putting on an extra pair of socks. Vastly improved my
confidence and forefoot control.

I have too much space in the toe box, because my feet cramped on the first
two or three runs in the morning. Opening up the toe box didn't help the
cramping, but it hurt my skiing.

The gel liners from Surefoot sound like a good fix. I just dropped them an
email.

wrote in message
ps.com...

Old March 26th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

I have no idea how their response via email may be. But I spent a
season in Whistler, where they have a location, and I tell ya, they're
reaaaaaally good at bootfitting. I have a pair of their footbeds for
my ski boots and a second one for my hiking boots. If you go to a
Surefoot for a liner, it's totally worth getting footbeds too. Once
you buy the footbeds, you can go into any Surefoot anywhere forever
and they will do light bootfitting for free. The idea is you will
start to like them and eventually buy your next pair of boots from
them.

I personally don't have one of their custom liners yet, but they're
supposed to be amazing. A friend of mine from college worked at the
Vail Surefoot for the last 10 years, and is now running the Beaver
Creek store. He has the full-on custom liners and footbeds and darn
near talked me into getting some, even though my boots are way too new
to replace.

Good luck getting happy feet!

Chris

Old March 27th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Patrick Tibbits

I have the custom footbeds for the boots, which I bought years ago at the
Vail Surefoot. I don't know enough about skiing or boots to ask for the
right thing when getting boots fitted. I wonder if the custom liner will fix
the past mistake of having the toebox opened up?

oups.com...

Old March 27th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
TexasSkiNut

On Mar 26, 9:00 pm, "Patrick Tibbits"
wrote:
I have the custom footbeds for the boots, which I bought years ago at the
Vail Surefoot. I don't know enough about skiing or boots to ask for the
right thing when getting boots fitted. I wonder if the custom liner will fix
the past mistake of having the toebox opened up?

Assuming you go to a good bootfitter, the only question you need to
ask is "Can you help me get my boots to fit right?"

Old March 28th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

The unfortunate thing you might find when talking to Surefoot or
another really good bootfitter is that you simply own boots that are
not a good match for your feet. I have narrow feet, so some boots
would never feet right on me. I honestly don't know if the new liners
could adjust for a shell that doesn't fit well or not.

You should feel free to call one of their stores sometime and ask over
the phone. They're obviously busiest before skiing time and after
skiing time so if you call in the middle of the day, they'll probably
be happy to get their hands out of peoples' stinky boots for a few
minutes and talk to you.

My friend Steve runs the Beaver Creek store and I'm sure he has nice
people working with him there. Try that one.

Chris

On Mar 26, 9:03 pm, "TexasSkiNut" wrote:
On Mar 26, 9:00 pm, "Patrick Tibbits"
wrote: I have the custom footbeds for the boots, which I bought years ago at the