Help with my Master's Thesis

Old March 21st 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Help with my Master's Thesis

genedipaula1 wrote:
What specifically do you find offensive?

I don't know if I'd classify it as "offensive" but you failed to use
radio buttons in your survey. As it is the respondent can select all 5
results even more dubious.

So: Is simple software ignorance offensive?
Old March 21st 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
genedipaula1 wrote:
What specifically do you find offensive?

I don't know if I'd classify it as "offensive" but you failed to use
radio buttons in your survey. As it is the respondent can select all 5
results even more dubious.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but in his defense no paper survey ever
prevented the user from selecting all 5 responses. Presumably the
number crunching software will throw out these responses, just like the
old fashioned scantrons did.

So who was your favorite athlete? I picked Dick Buttkiss.

//Walt
Old March 21st 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G

On Mar 21, 5:58 pm, Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
genedipaula1 wrote:
What specifically do you find offensive?

I don't know if I'd classify it as "offensive" but you failed to use
radio buttons in your survey. As it is the respondent can select all 5
results even more dubious.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but in his defense no paper survey ever
prevented the user from selecting all 5 responses. Presumably the
number crunching software will throw out these responses, just like the
old fashioned scantrons did.

So who was your favorite athlete? I picked Dick Buttkiss.

//Walt

Several:
Bobby Hull
Joe Namath
Bart Starr
Joe DiMmagio
Jack Nicklaus
Dr. J Julius Erving
Tony Esposito

Old March 21st 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:

So who was your favorite athlete? I picked Dick Buttkiss.

Pirmin Zurbriggen

But I misspelled his name, just to throw another variable into his pot.
Old March 21st 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:

So who was your favorite athlete? I picked Dick Buttkiss.

Pirmin Zurbriggen

But I misspelled his name, just to throw another variable into his pot.

Hell, let's throw Dick Durrance into the mix and
see what kind of reaction we get. Or maybe
Tony Matt.

Who the hell is Tony Matt?
Old March 22nd 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:

So who was your favorite athlete? I picked Dick Buttkiss.

Pirmin Zurbriggen

But I misspelled his name, just to throw another variable into his pot.

Hell, let's throw Dick Durrance into the mix and
see what kind of reaction we get. Or maybe
Tony Matt.

Who the hell is Tony Matt?

Ah, the man on the medal
http://content.lib.utah.edu/cgi-bin/showfile.exe?CISOROOT=/Photo_Arch_Two&CISOPTR=556
http://content.lib.utah.edu/cgi-bin/showfile.exe?CISOROOT=/Photo_Archives&CISOPTR=10006

and the schusster
http://secure.skimuseum.org/catalog/images/ToniMatt-m.jpg
http://www.skimuseum.org/oralhistory.html
Old March 22nd 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

genedipaula1 wrote:
What specifically do you find offensive?

OK, I did the survey. It isn't offensive, it's just dumb.

I don't know if I'd classify it as "offensive" but you failed to use
radio buttons in your survey. As it is the respondent can select all 5
results even more dubious.

So: Is simple software ignorance offensive?

Not the only problem. What if your favorite athlete isn't part of a team
and if it's only a theoretical favorite because you don't EVER watch
sporting activities? Well, maybe watching 'On Any Sunday' and 'Dust to
Glory' every once in a while...

--
Cheers, Bev
Just as you cannot explain snow to a summer insect, so also you cannot

Old March 22nd 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:

So who was your favorite athlete? I picked Dick Buttkiss.

Pirmin Zurbriggen

But I misspelled his name

But of course. There is no correct spelling of Pirmin Zurbriggen

//Walt