Slow Day or what

Old May 15th 05, 04:35 PM
Richard Lumsden

Default Slow Day or what

Old May 15th 05, 05:20 PM
lonerider

It happens every year when most of the resorts Northern Hemisphere
close down.

Around now, the talk typically goes to summer boarding activities.
Longboard skateboard has become a popular choice from what I've seen.
Either longboard or slalom skateboarding. Both have considerable
overlap in "skill set" so if you are a good snowboarder, you can pick
up basic longboarding/slalom skateboarding very quickly. However,
longboard don't really "feel" that much like snowboarding because the
turning radii tend to be smaller and you are general bound in by roads.
I consider them to just be fun things to do in their own right.

I recently got to demo a Dirtsurfer (www.dirtsurfer.com) and that is a
lot closer to snowboarding in my opinion as you can go much faster and
turn big stable arc with it. It handles (and brakes - a key feature)
exactly like a bicycle, except you are steering with your feet. This
makes mellow grass hills impromptude carve hills. They are a bit more
expensive starting at $500, where as a good longboard/slalom skateboard
will only cost you $200. I don't feel like it's super outrageous since
it is essentially a custom designed bicycle frame and good bicycle cost
in the $300-500 range I think (I haven't purchased a bicycle in 15
years though). I'm just starting out in slalom skateboarding, but I
might get a Dirtsurfer in the future.

feeling slow steve Nordic Skiing 2 January 26th 05 06:09 PM
The season has started! Need slow r.s. bearings revyakin Nordic Skiing 5 March 30th 04 12:00 AM
Lake Placid Report Rob Bradlee Nordic Skiing 15 February 10th 04 11:32 AM
Watching Janne's videos - is there a player with slow motion? Erik Brooks Nordic Skiing 4 December 23rd 03 06:32 AM
Just quick, Now you know why I want to slow down Bob Creasote Nordic Skiing 3 August 23rd 03 11:40 AM