Shameless Self Promotion - Nathan goes to Minnepolis for Ski Week

Old September 10th 05, 04:08 AM
Nathan Schultz

Default Shameless Self Promotion - Nathan goes to Minnepolis for Ski Week

Hi Everyone,

For those of you Twin Cities dwellers, I will be doing a whirlwind tour
Thursday Sep 15-Saturday, Sep 17. Finn Sisu is sponsoring three events and
I will also be making appearances for my new team, FSx (www.teamfsx.com), at
various retailers for Ski Week. I hope that I will be able to see some of
you in person. I would appreciate it if you keep the usual RSN heckling to
the Internet, though.

Thursday night is a private event for Sisu skiers, and then Friday evening
and Saturday morning are events open to the public. Here is the flyer from
Finn Sisu: Hopefully it comes across OK. I believe it is also up on their
web site, www.finnsisu.com.

FinnSisu presents:

Nathan Schultz (Team FSx)

and

Chad Giese (Factory Team)

**Friday Sept. 15th 6:30pm at FinnSisu

"Translating Elite Training" is a lecture dealing with what's new in skiing,
ski training, future of U.S. skiing, along with a "how to" on combining ski
racing/training and a job or school.

**Saturday Sept. 16th 8:30-9:30 am, Carver Lake Park

"Skating with perfect kick"

Rollerski Clinic

a brief lecture then split into groups with coaching.

Venue: Carver Lake Park, Century Ave. Southwest of Woodbury.

Directions:

-From 494, exit 60, Lake Drive. Northwest to Century Ave about ¼ mile, left
(South) 1 mile to park, on left.

-From Highway 61 (4 miles South of 94), East on Carver Ave 1.4 miles to
park, on right.

9:30 am, Optional Distance Rollerski

finnSISU

1841 University Ave.

St. Paul, MN 55104

651-645-2443

www.finnsisu.com

Nathan Schultz:

Athletic Accomplishments
2005 - 1st Pepsi Challenge, 2nd Overall American Ski Marathon Series (ASMS),
2nd Noquemanon, 3rd Boulder Mountain Tour, 4th Int'l Spring Series Crit &
5th 10k Skate, 6th US Nationals 30km Skate.

American Ski Marathon Series: Overall Champion 2000; 2nd '03, '02', '99,
'98; 3rd '04

Marathon wins: 2004, 2005 Pepsi Challenge; 2004 Boulder Mountain Tour;
Traverse City Vasa 2000, 2002. Minn Finn 1996

Professional Mountain Bike Racer 1997-2000 with Schwinn/Toyota, Yeti and
Ionic Pro Teams

Overview:

Schultz is a father who owns a computer consulting business and races for
Team FSx (Fischer/Swix) while also directing their Camps and Coaching
program. Schultz has competed across North America, Europe, Argentina and
New Zealand claiming victories in marathons, NCAA competitions and on the
Continental Cup circuit. He has been actively involved in all aspects of
the ski world, writing extensively, organizing the Colorado International
Spring Series, and creating one of the largest cross-country skiing
technique camps in the country with his Colorado Thanksgiving Camp.

After 10 years of racing for the Subaru Factory Team, Schultz has taken a
new direction in his racing and his career as a coach. Schultz switched to
Team FSx (www.TeamFSx.com) this season after 10 years racing for the Subaru
Factory Team where he directed their Academies and Coaching Program.
Schultz leaves the Subaru Factory Team Academies name behind, but brings his
Thanksgiving and New Zealand Camps with him to Fischer/Swix. He will cut
back his work as a computer programmer to focus on developing these camps
and improving service to his coaching clients.

Chad Giese:

Numerous World Cup races, 4 time Mora Vasaloppet Champion, City of Lakes
Loppet Champion along with numerous other top finishes in Super Tour races,
Continental Cup races, NCAA races and a Minnesota State High School
Champion.

Chad's current goal is a spot on the 2006 U.S. Olympic Team. He resides in
St. Paul, MN.

Old September 11th 05, 08:54 AM
dardruba

Totally Shameless.

Heckling? Here? No, its just friendly banter.

Mike
(in the UK, a long way from the Twin Cities)
Old September 12th 05, 03:43 PM
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

Damn, this is a great opportunity, but it's Chequamegon weekend. I
usually do one bike race a year, and the Chequamey is it. After years
of simply "riding" the long race (it's too long for me to race without
blowing before the finish), I decided to ride the short race with the
unpredictable youngsters.

Wish I could join you guys.

Jay Wenner

Old September 14th 05, 01:05 AM

Nathan,

Tons of cross country skiers will be up in Hayward and Cable for the
Chequamagon Fat Tire Race that Wenner mentioned. Check the calendar as
a suggestion for the next time. The Fat Tire draws 2500 riders. It is
the largest mountain bike race in the country. You should try it
sometime if you haven't already.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Old September 14th 05, 04:13 PM
Polar Bear

For some reason every year Gear West/Hoigaards/Finn-Sisu all have a
sale the same weekend as the Fat Tire Fest, which knocks out those
skiers who get into the race from participating in there special
events. Since, I didn't get into the race for the first time in ten
years, I won't be going to Hayward, (Not that I could anyhow, being I
have had a nasty sinus infection for three weeks, that have kept me
from doing much of anything), But, will try to catch Nat and the sales
this weekend.

For the Jay's good luck this weekend. For JW, the Short & Fat is a
funrace, go like hell for an hour and then your done, just be careful,
the first section off of Randysak road, There was logging this summer
on the snowmobile trail, and this is the area, where you are still,
two & three riders wide.

Fiedler

Old September 14th 05, 06:29 PM

I trashed my new $300 Crossmax XL Rear wheel when I dropped the chain
on the spokes. Yeah, I should have checked the limit screws... As a
result, I built up an old Specialized Stumpjumper into a singlespeed. I
tried to get into the singlspeed category but they said it was too late
to change. I'll be riding a 42x17 or maybe a 42x16 if I can find a cog
in my pile of parts. I could put the Crossland rear wheel from the
newly built singlespeed on my STP but then I wouldn't have an excuse.
Six to seven pounds of extra weight has made me a touch or more slow on
the uphills... That DQ just tastes too good... The extra weight adds
length to my drives though... Anyway, look for me on the "Teginator" at
the Fat Tire Fest. That's the name I painted on my singlespeed.

Jay "Teginator" Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up" JT
I'm sure too many of the right people will show up...

Old September 14th 05, 11:04 PM
Nathan Schultz

Hi Jay,

I wish I was that organized that I could keep up with other events in
the areas I go to. As it is, I'm lucky if I make my plane. I just go where
people tell me to go. I rarely ask questions.

Hmm, maybe I see a trend here. I travelled out for the City of Lakes
Loppet last year and nobody told me about the clearance sale they had on
snow. It must have been a good sale, because by the time I got there, it
was all gone. Next time I make it to the Twin Cities, I'll make sure I
check with you guys first to see if there are any conflicts.

Good luck in Wisconsin to all who are heading north...

-Nathan
www.NatronNordic.com

oups.com...

Old September 16th 05, 04:47 PM
Nathan Schultz

Yes, everything on Friday and Saturday is open to the public. No
reservation necessary.

Nathan
www.natronnordic.com

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote in message
Signed up? The notices seem to imply to just show up Fri and Sat.

Gene

Marsh Jones wrote:

wrote:
Nathan,

Tons of cross country skiers will be up in Hayward and Cable for the
Chequamagon Fat Tire Race that Wenner mentioned. Check the calendar as
a suggestion for the next time. The Fat Tire draws 2500 riders. It is
the largest mountain bike race in the country. You should try it
sometime if you haven't already.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Lots of us hackers won't though. I'm signed up, Nathan.

Marsh Jones