Skis wanted

Old February 1st 05, 12:34 AM
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Skis wanted

Can you advise where to obtain the best value in buying Skis? Should I
use Ebay or are there better sites and places to look. I live in the UK
and I am searching for a particular brand and within a limited price
range. I should be most grateful for your advice.
--
Derrick Fawsitt

Old February 1st 05, 01:06 AM
VtSkier

Derrick Fawsitt wrote:
Can you advise where to obtain the best value in buying Skis? Should I
use Ebay or are there better sites and places to look. I live in the UK
and I am searching for a particular brand and within a limited price
range. I should be most grateful for your advice.

Didn't we just do this?

I saw lots of answers to this EXACT question.

VtSkier

Old February 1st 05, 01:49 AM
Mike

Ebay has the best value. Not sure about the shipping to the UK though.

Make sure you buy from someone who has lots of feedback.

Old February 2nd 05, 10:55 AM
Mary Malmros

Derrick Fawsitt wrote:

Can you advise where to obtain the best value in buying Skis?

If you know what you want -- which means the model and size, not just
the brand -- then the next step is to do some research. You can
probably find the lowest prices on Ebay, but you can also find some
not-so-lowest prices for the exact same thing; the way to save money on
ebay, whatever you're buying, is to know what the market will bear and
what it's worth to you, and no one else can tell you that. Then you
have to factor in the shipping, which, given that most of these cheap
ebay skis are being sold out of North America, will drive the cost back
up quite a bit for you. I'd look retail if I were you. Learn your
local market, when and where the sales are, and buy when and where it's
advantageous to the buyer, not the seller (which in North America would
be summer if possible, end of season if not).

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.