Family Ski holidays with baby facilities

Old January 30th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_2_]

Default Family Ski holidays with baby facilities

Can anyone recommend a travel operator who can cater for two people
and a (will be) 8/9-month old baby? We'd like somewhere we can safely
drop the young feller off for an hour or three.

Time will be beginning of March (inflexible) for one week, destination
Europe, preferably Courchevel/Meribel, Les Arcs, La Plagne or maybe
Flaine. This is based on a need for gentle/progressive blues for
Herself.

--
-Pip
Old January 30th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_3_]

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:21:44 GMT, Pip Luscher
squeezed out the following:

Can anyone recommend a travel operator who can cater for two people
and a (will be) 8/9-month old baby? We'd like somewhere we can safely
drop the young feller off for an hour or three.

Time will be beginning of March (inflexible) for one week, destination
Europe, preferably Courchevel/Meribel, Les Arcs, La Plagne or maybe
Flaine. This is based on a need for gentle/progressive blues for
Herself.

I've used Skibeat a few times - good firm.
http://www.skibeat.co.uk/

--
Colin Irvine
Old January 30th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Pip Luscher wrote:

Can anyone recommend a travel operator who can cater for two people
and a (will be) 8/9-month old baby? We'd like somewhere we can safely
drop the young feller off for an hour or three.

Esprit. Will take the rugrat all day. Ours are teenagers now, but this
was The Outfit when ours were small.

(As in four months old, for the younger one)

--
K1100LT 750SS CB400F SL125 Peugeot Vivacity
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3
Old January 31st 08, 08:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 30 Jan, 20:21, Pip Luscher
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a travel operator who can cater for two people
and a (will be) 8/9-month old baby? *We'd like somewhere we can safely
drop the young feller off for an hour or three.

Time will be beginning of March (inflexible) for one week, destination
Europe, preferably Courchevel/Meribel, Les Arcs, La Plagne or maybe
Flaine. This is based on a need for gentle/progressive blues for
Herself.

--
-Pip

I'd normally recommend Tignes where, coincidentally, the missus runs a
private childcare service, but I happen to know she's fully booked
that week. That said, we've got plenty of the progressive blues and
Mark Warner, Esprit and Crystal all come here - childcare facilities
for all three generally get a good write-up although the quality of
accomodation can be a bit variable and dependent on the chalet staff.
Val d'Isere also have Scott Dunn if you're feeling flush - great
childcare and great chalets.

If you want somewhere a bit quieter, Monchavin at the bottom of La
Plagne always used to be quaint and child-oriented with Simply (now
Crystal Finest) and Esprit running the creches.

Cheers,

Matt
Old January 31st 08, 08:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Excess

On Jan 30, 8:21*pm, Pip Luscher
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a travel operator who can cater for two people
and a (will be) 8/9-month old baby? *We'd like somewhere we can safely
drop the young feller off for an hour or three.

Time will be beginning of March (inflexible) for one week, destination
Europe, preferably Courchevel/Meribel, Les Arcs, La Plagne or maybe
Flaine. This is based on a need for gentle/progressive blues for
Herself.

--
-Pip

Try Ski Famille skifamille.co.uk Les Gets is a good bet.
If you are happy with using a resort creche try one of the links
below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk
Old February 1st 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul

"Pip Luscher" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a travel operator who can cater for two people
and a (will be) 8/9-month old baby? We'd like somewhere we can safely
drop the young feller off for an hour or three.

Time will be beginning of March (inflexible) for one week, destination
Europe, preferably Courchevel/Meribel, Les Arcs, La Plagne or maybe
Flaine. This is based on a need for gentle/progressive blues for
Herself.

--
-Pip

Mark Warner have a nanny service for 4months+ and have places in both
Courchevel (1850) and Meribel. They will look after the offspring from 09:00
to 17:30 (and do baby listening au soir too) if you want. Not, of course,
cheap.

Paul

Old February 4th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_2_]

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:23:53 -0000, "Paul"
wrote:
Mark Warner have a nanny service for 4months+ and have places in both
Courchevel (1850) and Meribel. They will look after the offspring from 09:00
to 17:30 (and do baby listening au soir too) if you want. Not, of course,
cheap.

Well it turned out that Herself couldn't make the first week of March
after all. We've booked Courchevel with Esprit; Mark Warner were the
other main choice but only had a place in Val d'Isere, which from dim
and distant memory isn't so good for nervous progressive skiers.

Now the big decision: take board or skis? I'm kind of hankering for a
new snowboard but perhaps I ought to rent a modern one and see how I
get on with it.

--
-Pip
Old February 4th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

wrote:
Mark Warner have a nanny service for 4months+ and have places in both
Courchevel (1850) and Meribel. They will look after the offspring
from 09:00 to 17:30 (and do baby listening au soir too) if you want.
Not, of course, cheap.

Well it turned out that Herself couldn't make the first week of March
after all. We've booked Courchevel with Esprit; Mark Warner were the
other main choice but only had a place in Val d'Isere, which from dim
and distant memory isn't so good for nervous progressive skiers.

Now the big decision: take board or skis? I'm kind of hankering for a
new snowboard but perhaps I ought to rent a modern one and see how I
get on with it.

My mate's just got one of these:

Old February 4th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

wrote:
Mark Warner have a nanny service for 4months+ and have places in
both Courchevel (1850) and Meribel. They will look after the
offspring from 09:00 to 17:30 (and do baby listening au soir too)
if you want. Not, of course, cheap.

Well it turned out that Herself couldn't make the first week of March
after all. We've booked Courchevel with Esprit; Mark Warner were the
other main choice but only had a place in Val d'Isere, which from dim
and distant memory isn't so good for nervous progressive skiers.

Now the big decision: take board or skis? I'm kind of hankering for a
new snowboard but perhaps I ought to rent a modern one and see how I
get on with it.

My mate's just got one of these:

oops...

http://www.romesnowboards.com/product/boards/anthem/

He's raving about it..!

Old February 4th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

As a suggestion for anyone visiting Zermatt and requiring crèche facilities
for babies and young children I can recommend Kinderparadies. I have used
them several times. They were always thoroughly reliable, and my little girl
loved it.
http://www.kinderparadies-zermatt.ch/

regards