Who is still skiing?

Old March 22nd 05, 12:11 AM
Gary Jacobson

We still have plenty of snow at 1000 feet on the NE sides of mountain and
above 1500 feet you can ski anywhere.
No grooming though.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old March 22nd 05, 01:04 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

Still going strong up in Duluth and up the north shore. My gosh, is
Sugarbush fun, esp. the 25k Picnic loop (+ another 5 to/fro) and the
ungroomed Onion River Road extension which is a gradual climb out. I'm
hoping Spirit Mtn holds until the weekend.

Gene

"Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" wrote:

Eddie Luban wrote:
There's still plenty of snow in Central New York and the Tug Hill
area. The real skiers are still out there, though some who call
themselves that have already turned to cycling.

Last Friday, we got our largest snow storm for the season (4-5 inches),
so I was able to ski locally on Sat and then drove to Elm Creek to ski
on artificial snow on Sun. The local natural snow had turned to rutted
ice by Sun morn, and 30 min north at Elm Creek, they didn't get snow.

Even though Elm Creek was groomed well and the snow was in good shape,
it was just painful to ski there. I've seen the place too much. The Sat
ski on ungroomed snow was much more enjoyable.

Jay Wenner

Old March 22nd 05, 01:44 AM
Jeff Martin

Gary Jacobson wrote:
We still have plenty of snow at 1000 feet on the NE sides of mountain and
above 1500 feet you can ski anywhere.
No grooming though.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Still good skiing at Nine Mile trail system in Wausau, WI. Skied there
on Sunday. I need to get a pair of no wax classic though.

Old March 22nd 05, 06:10 AM
Terje Mathisen

Lars wrote:

I remember Skistua/Frognerseteren webcam showed white picture until
first week of May in 2003. But all brown on May 5th. I cross my
fingers for late season this year.

We had much better snow last year than in 2003, but this year jan/feb
was pretty bad, i.e. you'd need to either drive an hour, or drive 30
minutes and walk 15-20 minutes to get to good snow. :-(

After the snowfalls before the Holmenkollen 50 K, we're very much OK.

In Sirdal/west Norway at 600moh we have had groomed tracks until April
20th in 2003 and 2002. We'll see how it turns out this year.

Skal du ikke gå noen renn sent i sesongen Terje? Troll, Skarve eller
noe?

I never race xc, except for a few ski-O competitions last year (this
year they cancelled :-().

All my competing is done on foot, with map & compass: I run about 50
timed races every year, the season starts with night-O in jan/feb, and
usually ends with Larvik's Tøffen/Tøfflen around dec 28.
:-)

Terje

Terje Mathisen wrote in message ...

We are of course going up to the mountains above Rjukan for our regular
Easter skiing vacation, but it seems like Nordmarka might stay very nice
well into April. :-)

Terje

--
-
Old March 22nd 05, 05:53 PM
Spring Series Greg

The season is far from over! One of the reasons the Scandinavians are
better skiers is that race well into the spring. Let's go, register!

Two other tidbits regarding the Colorado International Spring Series:
Martin Koukal head-lines an international field and Warren Miller will
film Andy Newell in action at next Friday's sprints.

RACE CONDITION REPORT:
Colorado International Spring Series
March 26-April 2, 2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2005:
With four days to go until the first race, snow conditions for second
edition of Colorado International Spring Series (CISS) are excellent.
During the past six days nearly 12 inches of snow have fallen at the
twin race venues of Devil's Thumb Ranch and Snow Mountain Ranch.
Overnight low temperatures are dipping into the teens, creating solid
skate lanes and tracks. Additional snow is in the forecast for the
remainder of the week, and unlike last year, high temperatures will
remain in the mid-thirties. Last year the race was held despite record
high temperatures. According to Race Director Shawn Delaney, "this
year's race will enjoy ideal conditions, allowing racers to
experience world-class courses and signature Colorado spring
conditions."

Old March 23rd 05, 05:58 PM

Southern Michigan still SHREDS!

A local woodsy golf course still has nice crust-corn skiing.

But bring your nowaxers so you can walk on the lovely bright green turf
from snow area to snow area. The grass looks so nice right now. So soft
and warm. But the snow is still great, too. A nice combo! I figure I
walked 100 yds for 3k of skiing. Not bad.

Good fun!

--JP

Old March 23rd 05, 11:33 PM
Ben Kaufman

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:11:21 GMT, "Gary Jacobson"
wrote:

We still have plenty of snow at 1000 feet on the NE sides of mountain and
above 1500 feet you can ski anywhere.
No grooming though.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Might get in one last local ski. All the snow is gone by me but forecast is
calling for 3 to 5" tonight.

Ben
Old March 24th 05, 01:01 AM
Mike H.

Gatineau Park is still in great shape. Skied from P10 to the intersection
of Ridge Road and 24. The single small bare spot is at sunny Champagne
lookout. On the way down to P10, I was greeted by a grooming machine..

Old March 24th 05, 09:13 PM
Darrel Newman

Gatineau Park is still in great shape today. In the afternoon the snow is
bit snow as it warms up. Sat I will ski earlier in the day to get more
speed on.

Today skied from P10 , Fortune Parkway, Burma (Trail # 3) over to Huron Hut
and returned via Khyber Pass & Ridge Road. Great spring skiing. The
parkways have about 8" of hard packed snow on them. So we should be out
there skiing for another week or so if the rain and temp cooperate.

Darrel

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM