Taichiskiing

Old May 16th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

Default Taichiskiing

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 15, 6:41 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 13, 10:31 am, Stuart wrote:

I sometimes will do a wheel landing in a heavier tailwheel airplane.
Basically you just fly it on, pin it with alittle fwd elevator, then
reduce power to idle.No real advantage, it just "looks pretty".

Yes, but I think that's pretty cool too if you have enough runway to
rollout and to stop, but that's not much an option in bush flying. In
Alaskan bushes, people just wanna do short field landing. At Talkeena,
AK, a rural town between Anchorage and Fairbanks, I've seen those
locals practiced short field landing on their "cubs" by landing across
the runway and turning out on the first exit of taxi way, some 250 ft
(what they claimed), and that was awesome.

My runway bounces are the stuff of legend....I can literally bounce
right back up to the circuit (or pattern as you would call it) Just
kidding...

One bounce, touch and go?

My friend can bump his biplane from one main wheel to the other and
back....

I've got bounced by bad landing with tail-draggers a few times, that
wasn't funny, but the experience of bush low flying on deck saved the
days; I just lowed the nose, added power, and high speed skimming on
the runway until I reached the best climb speed before I pulled up.
That was fun too, I liked to do high speed on deck, more exciting than
driving a race car.

One interesting feature for flying the Alaskan bushes is you see a lot
of wild lives, especially, the moose, they like to hang out on the
airstrips for the open spaces and the young willow trees [for food]. A
lot of times we had to buzz them off the field before we can land;
that's where the high speed low flying comes in. In Alaska
uncontrolled air space (just outside of Anchorage across the "turn
again arms"/tidal water areas), it is not uncommon that we flew 50 ft
above ground.

My friend has the best bush plane on the planet. It's called a UTVA 66
(No
you haven't heard of it I guarantee you) You can google it maybe find a
picture. Made in Yugoslvia. Hard points on the wings for guns, rockets or
extra fuel tanks, geared 360hp lycoming engine dual side by side sticks,
triple header exhaust pointing straight down on each side to scare away
the
bears. It is LOUD....very LOUD... You can sideslip that sucker straight
down
and land it like a helicopter

Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?

That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is to the
outside.

IS

Old May 16th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?

That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is to the
outside.

So there are "skidding" and "slipping," and they are different? Thanks
for the confirmation, my good man.

"Now, you gappers owe me and the board/RSA an apology for all the lies
you gappers told about me and the noises you gappers generated on the
board for your lies."

IS
Old May 16th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?

That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is
to the outside.

So there are "skidding" and "slipping," and they are different? Thanks
for the confirmation, my good man.

"Now, you gappers owe me and the board/RSA an apology for all the lies
you gappers told about me and the noises you gappers generated on the
board for your lies."

More like Scotty every day.

Please do tell us what all those lies were, so we know what to apologise for.

Old May 16th 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?

That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is to the
outside.

So there are "skidding" and "slipping," and they are different? Thanks
for the confirmation, my good man.

A skidded turn on skis happens when you hit some ice or hardpack for eg.
They are hard to control compared to a slipped turn as in side-slipping or
turning into the hill.

Old May 16th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

A skid to the inside of a turn what law of physics lets that happen?
The only way he is going to skid to the inside is when he gets hit by a
snowmobile.
he is inventing definitions again what a sack of ****
Old May 16th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

No such thing as a "skid to the inside of a turn"
I think his native language might be Ennuit or something like it. That's
where he's creating confusion possibly.

Old May 16th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

If you are traversing a slope, and flatten the skis to the snow while rotating
them, they can slip downhill at the front to initiate a turn. This is the way
good snowboarders initiate turns, since they have the option of flattenening the
front of the board while still edgeing the rear of the board on the uphill edge,
by twisting the board. It is much safer than trying to push the rear of the
board into the turn like many self-trained boarders do.

Old May 16th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

"Bob F" wrote in message
On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

Yes, but a turn hasn't yet happened. The boarder's centre of mass has not
yet been deflected, but you are right, a turn can be initiated that way.

Old May 16th 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Bob F wrote:
On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

sorry
you start a right hand turn at 30 mph and in the middle of the turn your
going to slip to the inside?
show me
Old May 16th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 16, 8:00 am, "Bob F" wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 15, 5:01 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Funny thing about the slip though, all old time pilots know "what"
slipping is, as well as experienced drivers, but in skiing, it seems
few skiers know exactly what it is. And the gappers on this board
insisted that I was "wrong" when I told them the difference between
"skidding" and "slipping," and laughed themselves silly. What do you
think?

That's easy. A slip is sliding to the inside of a turn and skid is
to the outside.

So there are "skidding" and "slipping," and they are different? Thanks
for the confirmation, my good man.

"Now, you gappers owe me and the board/RSA an apology for all the lies
you gappers told about me and the noises you gappers generated on the
board for your lies."

More like Scotty every day.

Nothing to do Scott, that's just your denial.

Please do tell us what all those lies were, so we know what to apologise for.

All your denials, as well as all your bashings are lies. I did tell
you that shameless lying is a bottomless pit, once you falling into
it, you'd have no recourse for redemption. As Buddha said, "return
(change previous behaviors), there's a safe shore." Good luck.