Who's Still Not Skiing?

Old January 10th 05, 12:43 AM
Gary Jacobson

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:25:50 GMT, "Gary Jacobson"
wrote:

Tomorrow we drive 2 hours to
Notchview in MA, a place I've never been before but hear great things

about.
All the rain we got was snow 30 miles north of here. This should be my

first
real on snow work out. Hoping to use my Fischer 902 skis, and am a bit
anxious to see if I remember how to ski and if I can use these race

rockets.

I'm curious about Notchview too and have also heard good things.
Garnet Hill was really nice this weekend....

JT

Sort of tough to get to- Notchview that is, but worth it. Beautiful setting
and a real "ski" feel to it. Serious skiers- both racer types and folks out
for fun and exercise.
Great for classic. Less terrain open to skaters, but what there is for
skating is nice. A windy cold day could be a little uncomfortable as a good
bit of the skating is in open fields. I'm happy we went there, and we'll
return for sure.

And my Zachpick Fischer classic skis. That's another post. I'm very happy.

Tough to go wrong with Garnet Hill. We tried to get a room there this but
couldn't.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old January 10th 05, 01:12 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

I've actually been to Notchview, or right outside, in the summer.

For Garnet Hill I just stay in Warrensburg/Lake George. Though that
adds a bit of a drive.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old January 25th 05, 08:19 PM
J999w

NWS is calling for 5-10 feet by Monday afternoon
to have fallen. My shovelling muscles are gonna be tired.

Mark

I'll take 4 feet, any other takers?

jw
milwaukee

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing with Tommy Rob Bradlee Nordic Skiing 7 December 2nd 03 08:03 PM