Chuckling...

Old October 17th 03, 05:59 AM
Alan Baker

Default Chuckling...

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

in article JCzjb.42910$La.24199@fed1read02, Richard Henry at
wrote on 10/16/03 9:24 AM:

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
In article ,
scottabe wrote:

You're really insane. I never accused you, wacko. Please. Can

Canadians
read the English language, or are they all as ignorant as you?

Well maybe if you knew how to write the English language you wouldn't
begin a sentence with a conjunction.

Well, you were able to get sort of a retraction from Scott, which is a major
victory around here. But he corrupted it with the appended "wacko" and
"ignorant" insults.

No retraction at all. I cannot retract Alan Baker's psychopathic lies, you
ignorant wacko.

You can't actually quote any, either. Or at least you've always been too
cowardly to try...

In S-world, if you disagree with any of his points, then you are a buddy,
friend or fellow terrorist of all those who have offended him.

In S-world, if you lie, defame, manipulate the truth, and otherwise act like
Richard Henry, you are a terrorist.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 17th 03, 09:33 PM
Sue

In message , Vern93
writes

Whether or not this is a good thing, I don't know. It may be another
stepping stone along the path that eventually that considers SMS
shorthand and Prince song titles like "I would die 4 U" acceptable use.

With all due respect to Mr Language Person, stepping stones belong in
rivers and bogs. You just have steps along a path, even if it's a path
made of stones (unless it's been snowed on and you can ski it,
naturally.)

Do you Leftpondians have graffiti that say
"boy's name
4
girl's name"
(or the other way round)?
Mobile phones weren't invented when those started. It's a sort of pun;
it doesn't become accepted English until boring middle-aged blokes do it
without thinking about it.
--
Sue ];(
Old October 17th 03, 09:47 PM
Sue

In message , ant
writes

Not sure
what the fluro spray jackets are all about but they've begun wearing them on
The Bill.

They're quite practical in our climate, they keep wind and light rain
out but you wear separate insulating layers underneath if required.
Mine's red but I'd have preferred fluo yellow if I could've got it at
the same price.
The police have more reflective strips on, so it seems they're more
worried about being accidentally run down by the Sweeney [1] than about
being deliberately run down or shot by the villains. And theirs have
POLICE on so they won't get pinched.

[1] Rhyming slang: Sweeney Todd = Flying Squad, a motorised
rapid-response unit that was famous among other police for attracting
the men with the smallest brains and the largest gender insecurities.
This was before SWAT teams, obviously.
--
Sue ];(

Law-abiding citizen, but our office is next to the Central Nick.
Old October 18th 03, 01:07 AM
ant

Sue wrote:

The police have more reflective strips on, so it seems they're more
worried about being accidentally run down by the Sweeney [1] than
about being deliberately run down or shot by the villains. And
theirs have POLICE on so they won't get pinched.

ha. Ours have taken to wearing fluro vests with POLICE on, so we can tell
them from roadworkers I imagine. They wear them when they are on the side of
the road, annoying people with their speed cameras or random breath testing.
No call for stab vests yet, but ours get to carry guns around which tends to
put the stabbers off a bit.

ant

Old October 19th 03, 09:10 PM
Sue

In message Mbvjb.42140$La.7138@fed1read02, Richard Henry
writes

Say something Anthea Kerrison doesn't approve of, and you can end up being
defamed, too!

Gee, the lasst time I was defamed, it wsa by Bert Hoff!

I said something ant didn't agree with and would you believe it, she
called me a troll!

--
Sue ];(