Merriot @ Cottonwood

Old December 20th 03, 01:28 PM
Jack Wan

Default Merriot @ Cottonwood

Has any one stayed at the Marriott to ski SB/Alta/Brighton/Solitude before?
They claim its only 10 min. to all the 4 slopes, is that true? How is the
après ski activities there? How often is the bus running?

In the skiing mag. they had good package price @$350 per person.

Please comment and compare it to stay at the Alta lodges or elsewhere slope
side in the region.

Thanks.

Old December 20th 03, 08:47 PM
pigo

"Jack Wan" wrote in message
.. .
Has any one stayed at the Marriott to ski SB/Alta/Brighton/Solitude before?
They claim its only 10 min. to all the 4 slopes, is that true? How is the
après ski activities there? How often is the bus running?

I don't even know where it is. Do you have an address? I also can't figure out
how it could be 10 mins. from all 4.

pigo

Old December 21st 03, 01:17 AM
AstroPax

Old December 21st 03, 01:32 AM
AstroPax

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:47:11 CST, "pigo"
wrote:

"Jack Wan" wrote in message
. ..
Has any one stayed at the Marriott to ski SB/Alta/Brighton/Solitude before?
They claim its only 10 min. to all the 4 slopes, is that true? How is the
après ski activities there? How often is the bus running?

I don't even know where it is. Do you have an address? I also can't figure out
how it could be 10 mins. from all 4.

If he is referring to the Residence Inn Marriott (Cottonwood), it's
located at 6425 South 3000 East.

Regardless, they are all ****ed-up anyway. They claim that Alta is 11
miles from the hotel, and that Snowbird is 14 miles from the hotel.

Read that last paragraph again.

And, they also claim that Solitude is 10 miles from the hotel, and
Brighton is 15 miles from the hotel:

https://marriott.com/property/proper...rshaCode=SLCTT

I can drive at an average speed of 60+ MPH up LCC and BCC, can't you?

Solitude to brighton, 5 miles? Yea, whatever.

And, I highly doubt that Alta and Snowbird switched positions. At
least they were in the right place today anyway...because I skied at
both.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old December 21st 03, 03:12 AM
lal_truckee

Old December 21st 03, 03:19 AM
AstroPax

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:12:55 CST, lal_truckee
wrote:

nothing

lal_truckee,

Looks like experienced the same problem as I did, that is, all the
text is lost if you x-post RSA/RSAM.

-Astro

Old December 21st 03, 06:12 PM
gowestyngman

There is a dive motel on state and like 104th south, I think its called the
mountain view, its across from the train/trax thang on the west side of
state. A customer of mine stayed There during the Olympics it was only $38
a night, he would beat me to Alta every morning we skied there. I was
staying w/ my nut-job parents near highland dr.and 215. if u plan on doing
any thing at nite, u should stay in park city or down town salt lake. salt
lake county sux, at least the city cops will give the drunk tourist a brake,
but the county sheriff's are just plain pricks.

Yeah and speakin of those county mounty's; how'bout an update from those of
u that are still exiled in the cultural waste land, do they still pay county
sheriffs to ski on the clock at Brighton & the Bird lookin for tokers and
the likes?
--
/'_/)
,/_ /

.. .

Old December 21st 03, 08:54 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 at 19:12 GMT, gowestyngman penned:
stay in park city or down town salt lake. salt lake county sux, at
least the city cops will give the drunk tourist a brake, but the
county sheriff's are just plain pricks.

Assuming you're talking about drunks driving -- I'd much rather the
sheriffs be bricks about it than that you be driving around drunk. If
you're driving, don't drink. If you're drinking, don't drive. Pretty
simple.

--
monique

Old December 21st 03, 10:26 PM
Jack Wan

If he is referring to the Residence Inn Marriott (Cottonwood), it's
located at 6425 South 3000 East.

Regardless, they are all ****ed-up anyway. They claim that Alta is 11
miles from the hotel, and that Snowbird is 14 miles from the hotel.

Read that last paragraph again.

And, they also claim that Solitude is 10 miles from the hotel, and
Brighton is 15 miles from the hotel:

https://marriott.com/property/proper...rshaCode=SLCTT

I can drive at an average speed of 60+ MPH up LCC and BCC, can't you?

Solitude to brighton, 5 miles? Yea, whatever.

And, I highly doubt that Alta and Snowbird switched positions. At
least they were in the right place today anyway...because I skied at
both.

-Astro

Thanks, Astro. Yes I was talking about the Marriott in Cottonwood. If you
look at the most recent skiing mag. they are advertised in that, I guess it
is false advertising. I know the Cottonwoods very well , but I just did not
know that place. I thought it is a new place that I am not aware off.

Thanks so much.

Old December 21st 03, 11:39 PM
AstroPax

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:26:40 CST, "Jack Wan"
wrote:

Thanks, Astro. Yes I was talking about the Marriott in Cottonwood. If you
look at the most recent skiing mag. they are advertised in that, I guess it
is false advertising. I know the Cottonwoods very well , but I just did not
know that place. I thought it is a new place that I am not aware off.

I'm sure it's a nice place, and yes, the location is convenient.

But just to be on the safe side, I would plan on something in the
neighborhood of 30 minutes to get up to Alta, for example. Not 10.

-Astro

---