The revolution in skiing world

Old July 27th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default The revolution in skiing world

It must come as an extreme shocker to them epicski's bears and you
gappers alike. Here's what your skiing expert, Bob Barnes, of
epicski.com, said about expert skiing:

[quote]And so, I like the skiing of Snowbender in his video clip.
While it is not the style that I would usually prefer for myself, and
it alone does not make him an expert, I contend that few skiers on any
mountain could imitate him. Any true expert could easily imitate his
movements and "style" if he wanted to. While it is true that few
experts ski like him (very often), it is also true that anyone who
cannot ski like Snowbender is certainly not an expert.

Anyone would benefit from turning Snowbender's "style" into a drill
and seeking to master it, even if you don't like skiing that way. In
ways that perhaps few might understand, Snowbender's "exercise" is
helping him master many important nuances of expert skiing, including
subtle edge control, mastery of rotational (angular) momentum, and
fore-aft balance. As an exercise, he is developing a "touch" that few
skiers have, but all would benefit from. [end of quote]

http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/...g#post_1235744

You gappers sucked.

Yours truly,
snowbender
Old July 27th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

[...]

Chai-tea: the man was telling you as diplomatically as possible that you
don't have a clue.

That your "technique" is only useful as an exercise and is a worse way
to ski all the time.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old July 28th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Jul 27, 1:26 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

You're only half right; his post was very diplomatic, given his
audients were them epicski bears, and you gappers alike, it sounds
like it's you haven't got a clue.

That your "technique" is only useful as an exercise and is a worse way
to ski all the time.

You should have read his "whole" post before you draw your conclusion.
He was advocating that "exercise" develops "discipline," and
"discipline" lays the foundation for expert skiing, and exercise/
practicing drills are not real skiing.

"Any true expert could easily imitate his movements and "style" if he
wanted to."

That's quite true, nevertheless, you still have to be a "true expert"
first to imitate [my] movements, and that alone is already beyond you
gappers' grasp. Guess that why you cannot comprehend the next
statement neither. "While it is true that few experts ski like him
(very often), it is also true that anyone who cannot ski like
Snowbender is certainly not an expert."

I did say you were reading comprehension challenged.

snowbender

Old July 28th 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

I did.

He clearly says that your technique is only useful as an exercise.

He was advocating that "exercise" develops "discipline," and
"discipline" lays the foundation for expert skiing, and exercise/
practicing drills are not real skiing.

Right. And thus since he says that your technique is only useful as an
exercise, he is saying it is not real skiing.

"Any true expert could easily imitate his movements and "style" if he
wanted to."

That's quite true, nevertheless, you still have to be a "true expert"
first to imitate [my] movements, and that alone is already beyond you
gappers' grasp. Guess that why you cannot comprehend the next
statement neither. "While it is true that few experts ski like him
(very often), it is also true that anyone who cannot ski like
Snowbender is certainly not an expert."

Which is not what you claim he said. Saying "anyone one who cannot is
not an expert" does not mean one must be an expert in order to do it.

Read and learn:

"While it is true that few experts ski in the snowplow (very often), it
is also true that anyone who cannot ski in the snowplow is certainly not
an expert."

See? That statement doesn't support a claim that "you still have to be a
'true expert' to ski in the snowplow", does it?

I did say you were reading comprehension challenged.

LOL

Old July 28th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

*taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

From what I have seen of your videos, you need to be a "true
intermediate" to find your moves interesting.
Old July 28th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Jul 28, 10:10 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

You're only half right; his post was very diplomatic, given his
audients were them epicski bears, and you gappers alike, it sounds
like it's you haven't got a clue.

That your "technique" is only useful as an exercise and is a worse way
to ski all the time.

You should have read his "whole" post before you draw your conclusion.

I did.

No, you did not, and you only read a part of what I quoted. Here's
what he was talking about "discipline":

"The drills and scales develop skills, in ways both obvious and
specific, and subtle and global. They develop discipline, and only on
a foundation of discipline can virtuosos truly express themselves.
There is a vast difference between the disciplined athlete, musician,
dancer, or engineer "improvising" and an unskilled, undisciplined
person just wingin' it."

He clearly says that your technique is only useful as an exercise.

"only" is your little mind misread, "Anyone would benefit from turning
Snowbender's "style" into a drill and seeking to master it, even if
you don't like skiing that way."

He was advocating that "exercise" develops "discipline," and
"discipline" lays the foundation for expert skiing, and exercise/
practicing drills are not real skiing.

Right. And thus since he says that your technique is only useful as an
exercise, he is saying it is not real skiing.

"There is a vast difference between the disciplined athlete, musician,
dancer, or engineer "improvising" and an unskilled, undisciplined
person just wingin' it." You are mouthing on the 'net, not even
"wingin' it."

"Any true expert could easily imitate his movements and "style" if he
wanted to."

That's quite true, nevertheless, you still have to be a "true expert"
first to imitate [my] movements, and that alone is already beyond you
gappers' grasp. Guess that why you cannot comprehend the next
statement neither. "While it is true that few experts ski like him
(very often), it is also true that anyone who cannot ski like
Snowbender is certainly not an expert."

Which is not what you claim he said. Saying "anyone one who cannot is
not an expert" does not mean one must be an expert in order to do it.

Yes, "you are reading comprehension challenged" alright, as well as
lack of critical thinking skills. Would that be just easier to read as
what it is, "anyone who cannot ski like Snowbender is certainly not an
expert."? Given if not B then not A, that was to say that
"Snowbender's" performance sets the minimum standard for expert
skiing.

Read and learn:

"While it is true that few experts ski in the snowplow (very often), it
is also true that anyone who cannot ski in the snowplow is certainly not
an expert."

See? That statement doesn't support a claim that "you still have to be a
'true expert' to ski in the snowplow", does it?

Illegitimate inference, and poorly written English.

I did say you were reading comprehension challenged.

LOL

And soon you'll turn shameless.

snowbender

Old July 28th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Jul 28, 11:38 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jul 28, 9:59 am, snowbender
wrote:

From what I have seen of your videos, you need to be a "true
intermediate" to find your moves interesting.

"There is a vast difference between the disciplined athlete, musician,
dancer, or engineer "improvising" and an unskilled, undisciplined
person just wingin' it." You are only mouthing on the 'net, not even
"wingin' it," gapper.

snowdender
Old July 28th 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 07/28/2010 04:24 PM, snowbender wrote:
On Jul 28, 11:38 am, Richard wrote:
On Jul 28, 9:59 am,

Thank Ullr, a skiing thread.
Old July 28th 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jul 28, 2:17*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 07/28/2010 04:24 PM, snowbender wrote:

On Jul 28, 11:38 am, Richard *wrote:
On Jul 28, 9:59 am,

Thank Ullr, a skiing thread.

I can fix that. This pathetic asshole encouraged a wack job stalker
to kill me, and posted my home address to help him find me.....after
the idiot threatened my life. When confronted about his profound and
obvious cowardice, Richard Walsh tried to justify his vileness by
claiming that since my address is available online, he did not help a
stalker.
Which begs the question of why any decent human being would encourage
anyone to kill me over a stupid newsgroup.
Of course, this dickless coward never has had and never will have the
balls to spew his crap in person.
Old July 28th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 28, 2:49*pm, twobuddha wrote:

I can fix that. *This pathetic asshole encouraged a wack job stalker
to kill me, and posted my home address to help him find me.....after
the idiot threatened my life. *When confronted about his profound and
obvious cowardice, Richard Walsh tried to justify his vileness by
claiming that since my address is available online, he did not help a
stalker.
Which begs the question of why any decent human being would encourage
anyone to kill me over a stupid newsgroup.
Of course, this dickless coward never has had and never will have the
balls to spew his crap in person.

Liar.

The Politics of Doping and the Revolution of Nordic Skiing [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 February 25th 06 09:59 AM
The revolution will be live. jgs Nordic Skiing 2 February 21st 06 03:58 PM
Winter Revolution Chuck Alpine Skiing 7 February 12th 05 03:36 AM
Noise! Harleys vs. the 4-stroke revolution Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 4 June 7th 04 11:59 AM
Pole revolution? Anders Lustig Nordic Skiing 4 February 7th 04 01:44 AM