Aero bearings

Old November 23rd 05, 12:59 AM

Default Aero bearings

How does one change bearings on Aero 150? Do regular ABEC bearings fit?
How do I remove those plastic bushings to push the bearings out?

Old November 24th 05, 03:31 AM

Take handle of Exacto nife, remove the blade( or use any 10mm rod).

Put the wheel on some blocks,
place rod on plastic bushing and hammer it out untill the lower
bearing falls out.

Old November 24th 05, 05:23 PM

I suspect it's not that simple. Have you seen Aero 150 wheels? I've
taken bearings out of regular ABEC wheels. Aeros 150s are different
since Len makes his own spacers. Also, since the bolts holding the
wheels appear to be metric, I am wondering if the bearings are metric,
too, and if I'll be able to get new ones easily.

Old November 25th 05, 05:53 PM

Hmmm... Bearings are all the same size, metric -say,type 608 or other.
I've never seen Aero 150 reassembled but i doubt that there is anything
new
under a moon.
In inline speed skates different setup is used -( bigger axle-8mm ) and
the spacer is completly inside. Special remover is available but you
can try to

1 )incert Exacto handle and wiggle bearing up or

2 )shake the spacer so you can see the edge and punch it
down w/same Exacto handle using hammer. Lower bearing should come out.