Snow ... and lots of it

Old January 19th 05, 09:50 AM

Default Snow ... and lots of it

Tignes say 26cm at Tignes le Lac.

Old January 19th 05, 10:44 AM
Clive Perry

Hard-packed old snow with all this wind-blown stuff being dumped at

the
moment (and it's still coming down) might make it a bit iffy higher

up
tomorrow, but it should be bliss on the tree-lined slopes lower down.

I'm heading for Villaroger at 1200m (Les Arcs domain) first thing....

I was staying in Villaroger the week before Christmas, waited for the lifts
to open for the first time for the season after the dump of 18th/19th Dec -
it was wonderful. The hordes from Les Arcs could not get over easily as
Lanchettes was closed, so we had untracked powder - it doesn't get any
better than that.

Now I am jealous sitting here in Blighty waiting for half term.

Clive

Old January 19th 05, 10:52 AM
Simon Brown

"Clive Perry" wrote in message

Now I am jealous sitting here in Blighty waiting for half term.

Clive

Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 19th 05, 11:05 AM
Switters

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:52:39 GMT, "Simon Brown"
allegedly wrote:

Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!

Fussy sod. I quite liked the dunkel weissbrau. Even the Calanda was nice
for a light beer.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

Old January 19th 05, 11:12 AM
Simon Brown

allegedly wrote:

Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!

Fussy sod. I quite liked the dunkel weissbrau. Even the Calanda was nice
for a light beer.

- Dave.

But not all night and every night - the Erdinger is not bad but we get
sod-all variety here. But it's Heathrow next week then Essen the week
afterwards, then Finland in mid-February. I'll not pass comment on the
liquid refreshment at Dayton Ohio (May 2005) until I return :-)

BTW it's snowing now, we're preparing the piste for your late-season visit,
and BoBo says 'Hello'.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 19th 05, 11:50 AM
Ace

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:52:39 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!

You're going to England and drinking Guiness? Shame on you, with all
that decent beer I miss so much...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 19th 05, 12:17 PM
Clive Perry

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
"Clive Perry" wrote in message
Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!
--

Wadworth 6X Simon, and I will be having a couple tonight :^)

Cheers

Clive

Old January 19th 05, 12:24 PM
Ace

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:17:49 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Perry"
wrote:

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
"Clive Perry" wrote in message
Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!
--

Wadworth 6X Simon, and I will be having a couple tonight :^)

Now I really hate you.

Still, at least I've got some bottled stuff at home; couple of cases
of Theakston's OP, some Pedigree[1], newky brown and a few other
assorted strong ales. Most of 'em are past there bbd, mind, but still
drinking quite well.

[1] God's own beer, IMO.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 19th 05, 12:31 PM
Simon Brown

wrote:

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
"Clive Perry" wrote in message
Well I am jealous because the beer here is more-or-less rubbish. I

would
murder a pint of Guiness, thankfully I am in the UK next week for three
days!
--

Wadworth 6X Simon, and I will be having a couple tonight :^)

Now I really hate you.

Me too, let's start building the bonfire!
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 19th 05, 12:38 PM
Simon Brown

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
and my local started selling Timothy Taylors Landlord, my favourite beer

OK, I hate you as well - happy now?
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch