the world's first ski race

Old June 16th 12, 03:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default the world's first ski race

On 06/16/2012 06:19 AM, down_hill wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

Neighbors planted the kind of bamboo that you eat the shoots of. Last
year we hacked it back to 1-foot stumps. Now the [hundreds of] canes are
8-10 feet tall and threatening to eat the garage. Anybody wants to come
cut the stuff, send me an email!

All bamboo is edible there is a % of strychine in all shoots Ph dulcis
has the least.

there are only 2 ways to remove bamboo nothing but agent orange will kill it

mechanical or drown it

I was thinking of one of those tiny 2.5-feet-wide tractors with a
backhoe attachment. It's between the garage and the neighbor's new
fence, with our OLD fence in the middle.

I fought a Chinese Elm volunteer growing right next to the sidewalk for
years -- ultimately hacking at it -- including 6" below ground level --
with an axe until I was tired. I gave up and pruned it into a bonsai.
Then the City came along and put the electric cables, phone, etc.
underground and in the process they ripped the thing from the earth. It
was nice of them to leave the mangled corpse there for me to see. Had I
had the energy I might have set it on fire and danced naked around it,
but I just threw it in the trash and laughed and laughed and laughed...

--
Cheers, Bev
Far from home

Old June 16th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

The Real Bev wrote:

I was thinking of one of those tiny 2.5-feet-wide tractors with a
backhoe attachment. It's between the garage and the neighbor's new
fence, with our OLD fence in the middle.

make sure you rent with a understandable damage policy
bamboo is tough seen it wear out many tools

a point to consider ESTABLISHED bamboo groves are the recommended
survival location for hurricanes and tropical storms
Old June 16th 12, 05:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/16/2012 09:56 AM, down_hill wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

I was thinking of one of those tiny 2.5-feet-wide tractors with a
backhoe attachment. It's between the garage and the neighbor's new
fence, with our OLD fence in the middle.

make sure you rent with a understandable damage policy
bamboo is tough seen it wear out many tools

I'm surprised more primitive tribes don't worship it as a god -- it's
apparently immortal and provides a lot of useful stuff worthy of
thankfulness by the recipients.

a point to consider ESTABLISHED bamboo groves are the recommended
survival location for hurricanes and tropical storms

Provided you can actually insert yourself between the canes.

There are several of these (thinned out, not like the solid blob near
the entrance) at the Huntington Library. Should we experience a
hurricane I'll keep that in mind.

--
Cheers, Bev
Far from home

Old June 16th 12, 06:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:19:23 AM UTC-7, down_hill wrote:
dribbled the last bit of his senile gray matter:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:58:16 -0400, down_hill
wrote this:

wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:43:08 -0400, down_hill
wrote this:

I took out the heavy bamboo knife and split the 3.5 inch shoot I had
their undivided attention.

You have a knife made out of bamboo? I want to get one for my
collection.

you really are senile

Humor is not part of your charm. In fact you obviously have no charm.

Couple of points
this is a skiing newsgroup

Really? Could have fooled me. So why do you spend most of your time talking about car racing and ****ing bamboo, idiot?

& you are just a freaking senile troll

Whatever Huggies is, senile is not one of his failings. Granted, he is a pathological liar, dickless coward, and psychopathic fraud, but he is not senile. However, I wonder about you.

I think your only interest in skiing is hitting the bar after you ski,
but since you have never commented on your skiing my assumption is you
just start off with a beer for mouthwash in the morning and just
continue to consume alcohol for the rest of day til you pass out.

Damn. On the theory that if you set enough monkeys to work on a keyboard, eventually they will write Shakespeare, I must confess I agree.

Tomorrow is fathers day for all the fathers have a good one, for several
of those that do not have children that is a good thing society is
messed up and based on your previous contributions it is doubt full you
would produce anything constructive.

What is really scary is that a deranged dumb**** like you is a father.
Old June 16th 12, 06:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

The Real Bev wrote:

[...]

Had you wanted to make your neighbors gouge out their eyes and spend the rest of their lives so traumatized they could never speak again, you would have danced naked in the street.
Old June 16th 12, 06:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

The Real Bev wrote:

I was thinking of one of those tiny 2.5-feet-wide tractors with a
backhoe attachment. It's between the garage and the neighbor's new
fence, with our OLD fence in the middle.

make sure you rent with a understandable damage policy
bamboo is tough seen it wear out many tools

I'm surprised more primitive tribes don't worship it as a god -- it's
apparently immortal and provides a lot of useful stuff worthy of
thankfulness by the recipients.

Some do

but keep in mind it was the first & only plant to recover in the primary
blast area after the atomic bomb was dropped
It created a new species a variegated black bamboo

a point to consider ESTABLISHED bamboo groves are the recommended
survival location for hurricanes and tropical storms

Provided you can actually insert yourself between the canes.

If you get into the tall stuff they really space more my Ph vivax which
hits fifty feet shoots about ten feet from each other.

I would find a tropical storm enough motivation to get to the center of
a grove. There is one grove on Maui that stretches for miles

Old June 16th 12, 07:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

The Real Bev wrote:

[...]

Dumb****!!!!! I am right behind you!!!!
Where did he disappear to? Ah, the bamboo grove.
Old June 17th 12, 12:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:19:23 -0400, down_hill
wrote this crap:

messed up and based on your previous contributions it is doubt full you
would produce anything constructive.

I'm a retired military officer. My contribution to society is much
more massive than anything you can ever do.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 17th 12, 12:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:30:43 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

I fought a Chinese Elm volunteer growing right next to the sidewalk for
years -- ultimately hacking at it -- including 6" below ground level --
with an axe until I was tired. I gave up and pruned it into a bonsai.
Then the City came along and put the electric cables, phone, etc.
underground and in the process they ripped the thing from the earth. It
was nice of them to leave the mangled corpse there for me to see. Had I
had the energy I might have set it on fire and danced naked around it,
but I just threw it in the trash and laughed and laughed and laughed...

Try getting rid of a mulberry tree.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.

off to race down_hill Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 12 12:52 PM
The world's most annoying instrument.. Walt Alpine Skiing 13 June 16th 10 03:53 PM
OT - World's Most Prestigious Bicycle Race Victories [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 March 7th 05 10:10 PM
First Race Nevalainen, Eric Nordic Skiing 11 January 7th 04 06:47 PM