MPEG races for upcoming World Cup

Old October 16th 05, 08:46 PM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Default MPEG races for upcoming World Cup

As it is only 6 days til the World Cup re-opens in Dusseldorf. I was wondering if we have solved the problem with MPEG races as Janne's server has been shutdown. Has anyone found a new solution for this dilemma, or are we North American's only going to be able to see the limited cross-country action when CBC and NBC show the Olympics? I'm only asking because I've heard very little developments on this topic.
Cheers,
Adam
Old October 17th 05, 10:03 AM
dardruba

doogiski wrote:
As it is only 6 days til the World Cup re-opens in Dusseldorf. I was
wondering if we have solved the problem with MPEG races as Janne's
server has been shutdown. Has anyone found a new solution for this
dilemma, or are we North American's only going to be able to see the
limited cross-country action when CBC and NBC show the Olympics? I'm
only asking because I've heard very little developments on this topic.
Cheers,
Adam

Well I'm smiling, I'm in England and I can watch it live on Eurosport,
either analogue or digital satellite.

But I've no pc savvy and no funds to buy fancy DVD recording equipment
so what I really miss is the chance to download the racing to my PC to
watch it later or even out of season.
Mike
Old October 18th 05, 01:19 PM
cpella

It's not hard to cobble together an ftp server. I would volunteer to
host one from home if I had the bandwidth, but my dsl link wouldn't cut
it and somebody in Europe would have to record the programs and upload
the avi files.

Chris

--
doogiski

Old October 31st 05, 05:57 AM
sknyski

It's not a mystery. He was pretty up front about what was going on
when it happened. From what I understand he was uploading the files to
a site at his job (a university, I think) and they asked him to stop
doing it.

bt