Got my Marmot ski gloves

Old November 10th 04, 04:05 PM
Dave Stallard

Default Got my Marmot ski gloves

Well, I bought a new pair of Marmot Randonee gloves last night, to
replace the pair I lost last season (actually, I'm not sure if those
were Randonee or Piste). I was considering the Marmot Ultimate Ski
gloves, but I didn't like the fit on those for me. Also the Black
Diamond Guides. But both the Ultimate and Guides are $150, which really
is pricey.

Also picked up a new Marmot windshirt, to replace another thing I lost
last season. Geez, it was really a bad year for losing stuff.

Does anybody know if Marmot's quality has declined, since they moved all
their manufacturing to China?

Dave

Old November 11th 04, 03:19 AM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

Dave Stallard wrote in message ...
Well, I bought a new pair of Marmot Randonee gloves last night, to
replace the pair I lost last season (actually, I'm not sure if those
were Randonee or Piste). I was considering the Marmot Ultimate Ski
gloves, but I didn't like the fit on those for me. Also the Black
Diamond Guides. But both the Ultimate and Guides are $150, which really
is pricey.

Also picked up a new Marmot windshirt, to replace another thing I lost
last season. Geez, it was really a bad year for losing stuff.

Does anybody know if Marmot's quality has declined, since they moved all
their manufacturing to China?

Dave

Just so I know how to NOT do it, how did you lose a shirt? Gloves
ok,-- but a shirt?

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Old November 11th 04, 04:21 PM
Dave Stallard

H. R. Bob Hofmann wrote:

Just so I know how to NOT do it, how did you lose a shirt? Gloves
ok,-- but a shirt?

I wasn't wearing it at the time. Had it in my boot bag as an extra
layer. Must not have put it back in.

Dave

Old November 11th 04, 04:47 PM
Richard M

H. R. Bob Hofmann wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
Well, I bought a new pair of Marmot Randonee gloves last night, to
replace the pair I lost last season (actually, I'm not sure if those
were Randonee or Piste). I was considering the Marmot Ultimate Ski
gloves, but I didn't like the fit on those for me. Also the Black
Diamond Guides. But both the Ultimate and Guides are $150, which really
is pricey.

Also picked up a new Marmot windshirt, to replace another thing I lost
last season. Geez, it was really a bad year for losing stuff.

Does anybody know if Marmot's quality has declined, since they moved all
their manufacturing to China?

Dave

Just so I know how to NOT do it, how did you lose a shirt? Gloves
ok,-- but a shirt?

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Don't laugh. Some of us have "help" when it comes to losing stuff. I
had packed my favorite turtlneck and fleece pants along with some
other dirty clothes in a plastic bag inside my suitcase which was
otherwise filled with clean clothes and gear for the trip home. My
ever-so-impatient wife decided I wasn't unpacking fast enough and took
the bag out to the trash, assuming that I would naturally pack garbage
in my luggage. sigh

I hope Marmot's quality won't suffer, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Old November 12th 04, 03:02 AM
Booker C.Bense

Old November 12th 04, 03:53 AM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

(Richard M) wrote in message om...
H. R. Bob Hofmann wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
[...]

Sorry, but I had to laugh :-) My wife of over 45 years knows I am
liable to put anything anywhere, and almost always check before stuff
gets the heave-ho.

Bob Hofmann

Leki gloves Joe Hunt European Ski Resorts 1 January 9th 05 09:12 PM
Awesome Roller Ski Gloves For $10 Douglas Diehl Nordic Skiing 1 June 19th 04 03:15 AM
Wrist injury Bert Root Snowboarding 12 February 16th 04 09:53 AM
Warmest Winter Gloves? Hugh Jass Snowboarding 8 February 14th 04 05:16 PM
Couple of questions (pants, gloves, wrist injury, half pipe). MP Snowboarding 7 January 25th 04 10:17 AM