RATS!

Old April 6th 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default RATS!

Snow Summit is closing this Sunday. The official end of the season. It
ended on a really good note for me a few weeks ago -- cold, GOOD
grooming, and not as crowded as it could have been. The weather since
then has been warm enough to slush up the slopes so it's not worth the
overhead for maybe one hour of halfway-decent skiing, if that.

I do have to complain about their dropping of the senior rate for next
year, though. Granted, the cost of the gas to get there swamps the cost
of the pass, but still... When I hit 80 I can ski free, though. Our
91-YO friend is still safe.

Last year their grooming sucked badly -- holes, lumps, things that We
The Clumsy have to avoid if we want to stay ptex-side down. A lot of
people besides me must have complained because this year it was almost
as good as Brian Head's. Top speed this year: 49.7. Down from 53.x
several years ago, but I can't complain... much...

--
Cheers, Bev
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'

Old April 8th 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 06/04/2018 18:06, The Real Bev wrote:
Snow Summit is closing this Sunday.* The official end of the season.* It
ended on a really good note for me a few weeks ago -- cold, GOOD
grooming, and not as crowded as it could have been.* The weather since
then has been warm enough to slush up the slopes so it's not worth the
overhead for maybe one hour of halfway-decent skiing, if that.

Still lots of snow at our local hill with 1.50 metres depth at the
bottom which should hang around for a while even eith rising temps.

So we'll have to see if we can squeeze one last day in without letting
our 6yo gd know - she's now hooked
Old April 8th 18, 07:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 04/08/2018 10:38 AM, BrritSki wrote:
On 06/04/2018 18:06, The Real Bev wrote:
Snow Summit is closing this Sunday. The official end of the season. It
ended on a really good note for me a few weeks ago -- cold, GOOD
grooming, and not as crowded as it could have been. The weather since
then has been warm enough to slush up the slopes so it's not worth the
overhead for maybe one hour of halfway-decent skiing, if that.

Still lots of snow at our local hill with 1.50 metres depth at the
bottom which should hang around for a while even eith rising temps.

So we'll have to see if we can squeeze one last day in without letting
our 6yo gd know - she's now hooked

Yesterday was the last day. Truly pitiful, from the photos. Maybe this
will work:

https://media-mammothresorts-com.s3-...e_1280x720.jpg

The good news: I cleaned and waxed my skis and put away everything
nicely, all ready for next year.

--
Cheers, Bev
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old April 10th 18, 06:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 10/04/2018 05:29, Scott Abraham wrote:

Sociopath, are you under the mistaken impression that this is a skiing newsgroup?

And why is that Scat ? Because of your mental health problems. Thank
God I don't ski in America...

Old April 10th 18, 03:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 10/04/2018 16:51, Scott Abraham wrote:

Anyway, the reason you don't ski in America is because you are terrified you would meet me in person.

Why should I be terrified of meeting you, loser ?

Old April 10th 18, 08:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 10/04/2018 18:24, Scott Abraham wrote:

I skied

Debatable.
Old April 11th 18, 05:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 11/04/2018 05:45, Scott Abraham wrote:
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 1:36:49 PM UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
On 10/04/2018 18:24, Scott Abraham wrote:

I skied

Debatable.

Is that all you have, pussy? Stupid. Desperate. Typical. I had a helluva lot better winter than you did.

Measured on skiing probably you did. Measured on important stuff like
family, health (physical and mental) affluence... LOL

Old April 12th 18, 07:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 12/04/2018 02:58, Scott Abraham wrote:
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 10:29:39 PM UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
On 11/04/2018 05:45, Scott Abraham wrote:
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 1:36:49 PM UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
On 10/04/2018 18:24, Scott Abraham wrote:

I skied

Debatable.

Is that all you have, pussy? Stupid. Desperate. Typical. I had a helluva lot better winter than you did.

Measured on skiing probably you did. Measured on important stuff like
family, health (physical and mental) affluence... LOL

Measured on important things like ethics, decency, manhood, honesty, courage, spiritual and psychological evolvement

If only you could remember to practice them rather than "remember" all
the other BS.

Old April 13th 18, 10:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 13/04/2018 00:45, Scott Abraham wrote:

How pathetic. How lame. How laughable. My responses to you.

LOL
Old April 13th 18, 06:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 13/04/2018 19:23, Scott Abraham wrote:

I own you,

You don't own me or anything else you sad, sad pathetic excuse for a man.