How to sell skiing the American way

Old February 22nd 06, 05:33 AM

JQ wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

As for government support for skiing destinations,
I certainly haven't experienced this in the US.

All sorts of stuff, from road improvements and cops to direct
traffic on big WEs, to such things as the Truckee-North Tahoe Winter
Carnival. I think ski towns are heavily involved (maybe even more so
than they should be) in supporting their local ski "industry."

US gov't supports any money-making business enterprise in the US.
Back home, businesses are expected to pay for disruptions etc. Here
in the US, the gov't helps them, as the view is that anything that
generates commerce is GOOD.

--
ant

Where do you get your info.? The US government does not support any
money-making
business in the US, it may very well support big business but the
small, real small business
must pay their own way. Get your information right before spilling
it out as fact or at least
qualify it as your opinion.

My opinions are formed by comparing systems. And in comparing systems here
in the US (where I've lived half my life this decade) to others, I've formed
the opinion that the gov't is heavily pro-business. In any shape, form or
size.

Travel, live, and then form your own opinions. Opinions formed by planting
your arse in the US and watching TV are somewhat depreciated.

--
ant

Old February 22nd 06, 10:29 AM

ant wrote:
JQ wrote:

"ant" wrote in message

lal_truckee wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

[...]

Next time, state your opinion as an opinion, not a factual assertion.

And in comparing systems here
in the US (where I've lived half my life this decade)

....and never owned a business...

Once again, bull****.

Travel, live, and then form your own opinions. Opinions formed by planting
your arse in the US and watching TV are somewhat depreciated.

Your experiences in the US aren't as extensive as you think they are,
tan. You haven't so much "lived half [your] life this decade" in the
US, as lived in the same small town with different names, essentially as
a transient and not as a permanent resident or member of the community.
There's a great deal you're missing.

Old February 22nd 06, 12:02 PM

"ant" wrote in message
JQ wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

[...]

You are correct about planting your ass, which is what you have and are
doing.
You have no first hand knowledge of what you speak! Your opinion is
completely
wrong. Living in the US for 5 years doesn't give your opinion any truth. I
have
been in business for 32 years so I have the experience to speak and I have
traveled
to other countries.

Just because a government is pro-business does not mean they financially
support
business unless we have a difference in understanding in the word support.
Maybe you are using the word "support" as in "favor" or "appreciate"?

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 23rd 06, 05:43 AM

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:25:26 -0500, Mary Malmros
wrote:

ant wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

As for government support for skiing destinations,
I certainly haven't experienced this in the US.

All sorts of stuff, from road improvements and cops to direct traffic
on big WEs, to such things as the Truckee-North Tahoe Winter
Carnival. I think ski towns are heavily involved (maybe even more so
than they should be) in supporting their local ski "industry."

US gov't supports any money-making business enterprise in the US.

Bull****.

Agreed.

Ask the owner of a small business. Be prepared for some of those seven
words you can't say on television.
Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old February 24th 06, 07:01 PM

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

As for government support for skiing destinations,
I certainly haven't experienced this in the US.

All sorts of stuff, from road improvements and cops to direct traffic on
big WEs, to such things as the Truckee-North Tahoe Winter Carnival. I
think ski towns are heavily involved (maybe even more so than they
should be) in supporting their local ski "industry."

Most of the western resorts are on federal land. Not sure what the
payment arrangements are.

We have a government owned ski resort here in MI (the Porkys), although
they've recently outsourced the management to a private company.

The Wisconsin Skier has never skied the Porkies, but his brother has. The
Wisconsin Skier's brother tells the Wisconsin Skier that when he was there
the lift attendants were all MI state forest rangers.

From: Mark A Framness
http: http://www.framnett.net/index.html

With all of thy getting, get understanding!
Proverbs 4:7