Fallback Options

Old November 23rd 05, 11:07 PM

In article om,
wrote:

It's my understanding polygamists are the conservative Utahans [sic]

Just 'cause they circle the wagons with the best of them, don't think
they're not willing to partake in that oh-so-liberal-in-origin government
largesse: FLDS enclaves take a very disproportionately large amount of
government welfare to fund their many (sub-)families.

john
Old November 24th 05, 12:44 AM

"Bob Lee" wrote in message
AstroPax wrote:

Anyway, mostly dragging the Utah numbers down are the
anti-military,
left wing liberal, pro ACLU, pro NAMBLA, pro PETA, pro Cindy
Sheehan
voters in Summit County (Park City).

Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* in Utah was a white Mormon, like
it
used to be? Those were the days, eh?

I'll take that over the ones mentioned above. And that's really bad.

Old November 24th 05, 12:47 AM

"Jeff" wrote in message
oups.com...
AstroPax wrote:

Anyway, mostly dragging the Utah numbers down are the
anti-military,
left wing liberal, pro ACLU, pro NAMBLA, pro PETA, pro Cindy
Sheehan
voters in Summit County (Park City).

Are you sure you're not conflating anti-war with anti-military or
are
the residents of Summit County such strict constructionists that
they
feel the .mil is unconstitutional? It's difficult for me to believe
Summit County - or any county for that matter - is pro-NAMBLA.
Could
you offer some supporting evidence? Personally I think PETA is a
little
extreme - fish, for example lack the necessary mechanisms for pain
transmission despite PETA's claims to the contrary, but they don't
turn
down the volume on my Ramones so what do I care. Cindy Sheehan is a
grieving mother and the ACLU combats .gov infringements on liberty
so I
certainly won't rip either one of them.

But the aclu supports NAMBLA. Get the connection?

Old November 24th 05, 12:50 AM

"Jeff" wrote in message
ps.com...

klaus wrote:
AstroPax wrote:

Anyway, mostly dragging the Utah numbers down are the
anti-military,
left wing liberal, pro ACLU, pro NAMBLA, pro PETA, pro Cindy
Sheehan
voters in Summit County (Park City).

That's weird. I lived in Park City for 13 years and never met one
single anti-military, left wing liberal, pro ACLU, pro NAMBLA, pro
PETA, pro Cindy Sheehan voter. What kind of folks are you
associating
with? Polygamists?

-klaus

It's my understanding polygamists are the conservative Utahans
[sic]

I was there 17 years. And I met many. Hmmmmm? Maybe I got out more.

Old November 24th 05, 12:54 AM

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...

With exceptions in Utah and Idaho, America sure looks blue
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/11/23/13222/916

I am not sure, but I think much of the dissatisfaction with President
Bush is that he is acting more liberal than we thought he would. So
the spin on the #'s might be different than mainstream media is
playing it.

Old November 24th 05, 01:13 AM

John Red-Horse wrote:

Just 'cause they circle the wagons with the best of them, don't think
they're not willing to partake in that oh-so-liberal-in-origin government
largesse: FLDS enclaves take a very disproportionately large amount of
government welfare to fund their many (sub-)families.

It's a pretty ingenious loophole, actually. The wives and children
"work" for "The Company Store" for no pay. This is kinda volunteer for
the family business work. Now, since the wives aren't really wives,
since polygammy is illegal and all, the women show no income and have
a gaggle of kids. So they totally get the welfare gig even though they
really are not in the situation they represent.

The bigger worry is that one psycho guy has passed his DNA to 60+ kids
via 8-10 psycho women, and judging from the evidence presented, this
is in excess of the quota for psychotics. Otherwise, we will have a
migration to psychosis.

Adapt or die. Darwin wins again. We're goin' down. Homebrew anyone?

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 01:30 AM

pigo wrote:
ps.com...

I was there 17 years. And I met many. Hmmmmm? Maybe I got out more.

Strange you met pro Cindy Sheehan folks before anyone knew who she was..

So you are claiming you met one, just one, anti-military, left wing
liberal, pro ACLU, pro NAMBLA, pro PETA, pro Cindy Sheehan voter. In
Park City? Was crack involved? That's awesome. never met a NAMBLA
supporter. You hangin' with the polygamists,too? Damn, it really is a
silnet scourge.

dOOd.. I really should get out more. There's obviously a whole world
out there that I've never experienced.

Whatever, you're tilting at windmills, and won't answer, claiming, "Nazi"
(really textbook lame BTW) and I killfiled him (yah, lame).

How's that Saran Wrap Shield(tm) workin' for yah? Sell yah some foil
cheap. Heavy Duty.

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 01:45 AM

pigo wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...

With exceptions in Utah and Idaho, America sure looks blue
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/11/23/13222/916

I am not sure, but I think much of the dissatisfaction with President
Bush is that he is acting more liberal than we thought he would. So
the spin on the #'s might be different than mainstream media is
playing it.

Jeezus.. you're just figuring that out? Look at the deficit
rumplestilsken.

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 02:01 AM

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:13:47 +0000 (UTC), klaus
wrote:

It's a pretty ingenious loophole, actually. The wives and children
"work" for "The Company Store" for no pay. This is kinda volunteer for
the family business work. Now, since the wives aren't really wives,
since polygammy is illegal and all, the women show no income and have
a gaggle of kids. So they totally get the welfare gig even though they
really are not in the situation they represent.

And of course, as religious as the are, they feel absolutely no
remorse for stealing money from fellow 'mercans. Funny to me how
religous zealots always seem to morph and adapt their ethics to
whatever their current needs are. In this case 'bleeding the beast'
is a good thing since government is evil and an agent for the devil.

Religious zealots, theives, drug addicts, all do what they can
regardless of right and wrong, and they all are able to justify it one
way or another.

nate
Old November 24th 05, 02:59 AM

"pigo" wrote in message

[...]