children skiing

Old February 28th 06, 03:29 PM

ant wrote:

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

I would think going down the hill to Dire Wolf (espeically the
version off of the 'Dead's Reckoning album) would be cool and while
Vivaldi's Winter concerto is an obvious I am thinking of other
classical pieces that would go well with skiing. I have a Kronos
Quartet CD called "Winter Was Hard" but it is all pretty dark music
and skiing is a joyful thing.

When teaching people to start skiing in some rhythm, I often find myself
skiing to Sibelius' Waltz Trieste. Not exactly ski music.
Just a Gigolo (David Lee Roth version) is excellent for bouncing exercises
though.

Blue Danube. Most people know it, so it works pretty well.

Old February 28th 06, 07:44 PM

ant wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
I still miss Swiss yodels echoing off the peaks.

While skiing some solo runs at Kimberley, BC I belted out a few tunes
in German from a choral piece our church choir was working on. Does
that count? My yodeling would probably scare off any nearby wildlife.

Has been replaced in the US with YEE-HAAAAR! (yes I heard that today)

Be advised, if they belted out YEE-HAAAAR instead of YEE-HAAAAH or
YEE-HAAAAW, then they were probably only pretending to be Texans. The
R at the end is a dead give-away. Kind of like people who spell y'all
as ya'll. And don't even get me started on people who say y'all when
referring to a single person. That started as a Hollywood joke and now
people do it just for fun. Or maybe it was those hicks in Alabama or
Kentucky who did it, but I've never heard a native Texan use it that
way unless as a joke. Of course, the plural of y'all is still "all
y'all", just cuz it's fun to say.

and sometimes, "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS".

And to think that started as a cheesy anti-litter slogan way back in
the early to mid 1980's.

I've never quite understood the need to have background music for
skiing. I've always preferred the sound of skis on snow, wind in the
trees, etc. Snowboards scraping is kind of like fingernails on a
chalkboard, only a lot louder. At least it often provides a warning to
get out of the way.

Q: What are a Texas skier's last words?
A: Hey y'all! Watch this! YEE-HAAAAH!!!

Old March 1st 06, 01:30 AM

TexasSkiNut wrote:
ant wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

I still miss Swiss yodels echoing off the peaks.

While skiing some solo runs at Kimberley, BC I belted out a few tunes
in German from a choral piece our church choir was working on. Does
that count? My yodeling would probably scare off any nearby wildlife.

I'd _love_ to be out skiing and hear that.

I've never quite understood the need to have background music for
skiing.

It's not for the skiers. It's for the worker ants who got stuck putting
up the god damned fences down at the bottom of the hill.

Old March 1st 06, 06:42 AM

In article .com,
TexasSkiNut wrote:

Q: What are a Texas skier's last words?
A: Hey y'all! Watch this! YEE-HAAAAH!!!

The last words a sponsored rock star hears is, "Go big! I'm shooting!"
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."