Spinning

Old July 23rd 03, 07:28 AM
TomTom

Default Spinning

#1, strap an old board on in your house and do some 180's and 360's if
possible just by jumping off the floor.. this will get your body used to
what it feels like, and how much rotation you need to get a 180 or 360
completed.

#2, if you have access to a trampoline, it's definitely reccommended, fun as
anything too.. when I get on a trampoline, with snowboard or not, i've
always got a smile plastered on my face, a friend of mine starts laughing
and can't stop when he's on the trampoline, pretty amusing to watch.

#3, take a ballet class, haha

#4, like someone else said, before doing 180's and 3's on the jumps practice
on the slopes in general, maybe getting a bit of a lift from a roller, it
will definitely get you primed for landing and recovery from bad landings.

"Iain Bishop" wrote in message
Hi,

I can jump and do some basic grabs. What I'd really like to do is start
spinning. Does anyone have any useful advice on how to start spinning?

Cheers
Iain

---

Old July 23rd 03, 11:41 AM
Switters

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:07:12 GMT, "Iain Bishop"
allegedly wrote:

I can jump and do some basic grabs. What I'd really like to do is start
spinning. Does anyone have any useful advice on how to start spinning?

Start spinning whilst traversing across the piste (obviously checking your
path is clear). On a heelside travserse, pop a f/s 180. Try doing this
both ways, gain some confidence.

Practice at home. Stand with leading foot forwards, jump and rotate,
landing properly and in line. Get used to jumping high and slow, and low
and fast. Learn how this works. Trampolines can help, but you can use
the floor.

Get your f/s and b/s 180s sorted before you move on.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old July 25th 03, 02:59 AM
TacoFreak

Default Regarding tramplines...

how do you stop the board from cutting into the trampoline?

Iain Bishop wrote:

Thanks everyone - I'll give it a go. I'm going to NZ tomorrow for a week so
I'll see what happens.
Cheers