Ethiopian skier from Lake Placid in Turin

Old February 11th 06, 12:29 AM

Default Ethiopian skier from Lake Placid in Turin

Does anyone know this guy (Robel T.)? The article says that he lives in
Lake Placid since the 80s and that he represents Ethopia at the Games.
I thought I knew all good skiers in NY.

http://www.skisport.ru/zoom_news.php?news=2553

Old February 11th 06, 01:51 AM

um, did not mean to say that he is no good b/c I don't know him.

Old February 11th 06, 01:55 AM

um, did not mean to say that he is no good b/c I don't know him.

Old February 11th 06, 02:00 AM

no, but I did.
JK

wrote in message
oups.com...
um, did not mean to say that he is no good b/c I don't know him.

Old February 11th 06, 03:12 AM

32 degrees wrote:
You do Rev.
He's not good, therefore, you don't know him.
JK

He was good enough beat Justin Freeman in college at the NCAAs. He was also
ahead of his teammate Colin Mahood (a top sprinter currently) in both races,
and only a few seconds behind Dave Chamberlin, Chad Giese, occasional RSN
poster Phil Bowen, and other semi-fast folks:

http://tinyurl.com/dl56a

That might not make him good, especially now because it looks like he has
been coaching alpine more than keeping his training up since then, but at
least he won't embarrass himself like Philip Boit in '98 and the old Thai
guy in 2002.

BTW, I think he also got one of those 5 day suspensions for high hemoglobin.

http://www.postindependent.com/artic...NEWS/112280019

Old February 11th 06, 03:46 AM

http://www.ensf.org/structure.htm

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old February 12th 06, 03:52 AM

Great. I'll apply for an Ethiopian citizenship and will get to go to
the Olympics in 2010, too!

Old February 12th 06, 03:09 PM

Wherever he lives, he's having a high hematocrit... so high he's out of
racing for 5 days...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...orino2006/home

SebB