Let us pray......

Old August 10th 05, 08:53 PM
Gary S.

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:18:00 -0400, Sven Golly
wrote:

BrritSki wrote in news:3lr2unF13sme8U1
:

What do you expect from Idiotspammer@net ?

I think you have something mixed up there Roger. Gary isn't a spammer --
he just provided some interesting links. He's been around rsb & rsa for
eons. Well years anyway.

No intent to spam, just sent out a link.

Interesting snowmaking technology.

While most snowmaking systems depend on a cold air temperature, no
more than a little above freezing (not freezing, due to the cooling
due to expansion) and spray a mix of water and pressurized air, this
system workis differently, and can make snow in typical summer
temperatures.

The article references an event in July 2003 where they made snow at
Tenney, and had tubing on the ski slope covered with snow.

While not highly practical for regular July use due to cost and
melting, this snowmaking system has a great deal of potential to
extend the shoulder seasons for ski areas. No more skimpy cover in the
very early season.

For a small New England ski area, extending the season a bit could
make the difference between staying in business, or becoming part of
the Lost Ski Areas of New England project.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old August 11th 05, 06:11 PM
VtSkier

wrote:

[...]

I think this technology could be made to work for the
worlds largest frozen margarita. Hmmm, now that sounds
good.

Hey Gary, I hadn't seen you here before, just over
at r.backcountry with Mike V and others (no, I'm NOT
putting you in the same category).

Where do you ski? Interested in hooking up this winter?
Killington? I also have SlowKemo pass which includes
Flatten (Stratton) and Sunnapee. The Killingon pass
includes MtSnow and Bear Attitash, though I'm mostly
at Killington.

If you're interested, I'll email you contact info
off-group.

VtSkier

Old August 15th 05, 03:34 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:11:52 -0400, VtSkier
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

No intent to spam, just sent out a link.

Interesting snowmaking technology.

While most snowmaking systems depend on a cold air temperature, no
more than a little above freezing (not freezing, due to the cooling

I think this technology could be made to work for the
worlds largest frozen margarita. Hmmm, now that sounds
good.

Hey Gary, I hadn't seen you here before, just over
at r.backcountry with Mike V and others (no, I'm NOT
putting you in the same category).

Where do you ski? Interested in hooking up this winter?
Killington? I also have SlowKemo pass which includes
Flatten (Stratton) and Sunnapee. The Killingon pass
includes MtSnow and Bear Attitash, though I'm mostly
at Killington.

If you're interested, I'll email you contact info
off-group.

Have not been on the slopes much the last couple of seasons, due to an
extended job hunt. This upcoming season, I do intend to get out much
more.

Snow and Attitash are areas I have been to a number of times. Bad
experience at big K.

I am on tele boards on the slopes, have not done alpine with alipne
gear in a long while, but could go back to work on parallel technique.

My email is below in my sig, hopefully concealed enough from bots.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Old August 15th 05, 06:27 PM
VtSkier

wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

[...]

One must feed one's habits. Like eating and skiing.

Snow and Attitash are areas I have been to a number of times. Bad
experience at big K.

Being a Killington "local" I might be able to reverse that.

I am on tele boards on the slopes, have not done alpine with alipne
gear in a long while, but could go back to work on parallel technique.

I ski with lots of folks who tele. I get razzed in the Gondola
for wearing "training heels", while I counter with having given
up on gear that I thought was crappy 50 years ago. So we all
smile and go skiing, 'cause that's what it's all about. Not
what you've got on your feet.

Actually I have light tele rig which I hope to try out in the
hills out back next winter. Early winter last year didn't have
enough snow in the woods and late winter was REALLY busy.

My email is below in my sig, hopefully concealed enough from bots.

I'm sending you my contact info separately.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)