BTW, it snowed

Old April 19th 05, 12:15 AM
lal_truckee

Default BTW, it snowed

again last night, and is trying to get started again as I type.

Not much (~ and inch here at dawn) but enough to remind me it ain't even
close to over. Had to take another couple of paraffin blocks to the
locker for the wax bench. Wax up every morning these days...

Old April 19th 05, 03:39 AM
ant

lal_truckee wrote:
again last night, and is trying to get started again as I type.

Not much (~ and inch here at dawn) but enough to remind me it ain't
even close to over. Had to take another couple of paraffin blocks to
the locker for the wax bench. Wax up every morning these days...

Jeepers. Maybe Tahoe isn't getting spring at all this year. Lucky buggers. I
think you won this winter, fair and square.

ant

Old April 19th 05, 03:40 AM
Olaf Timandahaff

, lal_truckee floated this
notion:

again last night, and is trying to get started again as I type.

Not much (~ and inch here at dawn) but enough to remind me it ain't even
close to over. Had to take another couple of paraffin blocks to the
locker for the wax bench. Wax up every morning these days...

Aye, it's rough on Eastern skiers, nobody to fill the chairs = closed!

Old April 19th 05, 06:45 PM
bdubya

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:15:02 -0500, lal_truckee
wrote:

again last night, and is trying to get started again as I type.

Not much (~ and inch here at dawn) but enough to remind me it ain't even
close to over. Had to take another couple of paraffin blocks to the
locker for the wax bench. Wax up every morning these days...

So what you're saying is, no spring corn for a while?

bw

Old April 19th 05, 08:25 PM
lal_truckee

bdubya wrote:

So what you're saying is, no spring corn for a while?

Occasionally. But these light snows (3 inch more last night) insulate
the surface, and the overcast skies keep the sun off it, so it never
softens. Keeps it kind of bumpy. Corn will return.

Weather forecast is for warming - should be Spring soon, I imagine
(maybe as early as next month? certainly no later than June!)

Skied a few with a visiting Kiwi this am, mostly high speed groomers,
with occasional flourishs into the chopped up refrozen just to keep the
knees limber. Or sore, depending on how one looks at it. Nothing an
apres ski beer doesn't cure.

Old April 20th 05, 05:55 PM
klaus

In rec.skiing.alpine.moderated ant wrote:

Jeepers. Maybe Tahoe isn't getting spring at all this year.

Got as foot here at the house yesterday and last night.

Lucky buggers. I
think you won this winter, fair and square.

Won what? You need to get out of Park City more.

-klaus