Article titled "Aerial Tram" from the 1997 Whistler Pique

Old November 23rd 13, 03:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default Article titled "Aerial Tram" from the 1997 Whistler Pique

Another interesting article I found, dated Oct. 21, 1997

"Nothing has been finalized and it’s several years away even if they decide to do it, but Whistler/Blackcomb is considering a tram which would cross the Fitzsimmons Valley and connect the two mountains."

Several years away indeed! Ground wasn't even broken for 10 years. And of course, the details were different.

In addition to mentioning the then-new Emerald chair, the article discusses planned new lifts, including a high-speed upgrade to the Peak Chair, a chair in Symphony bowl, and the Garbanzo chair. Most interestingly, though, it goes on to say:

"Probably farthest in the future is a series of lifts up the backside of the mountain from the Cheakamus River area."

Are they talking about what I think of as the backside, namely the currently out-of-bounds area on the other side of Whistler peak, which so many visitors find too beguiling to resist, and wind up getting lost in?

(link: http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whi...nt?oid=2141023)

Old November 24th 13, 03:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:54:04 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:18:15 AM UTC-8, Dave Stallard wrote:

[...]

Old news. If you really were a local, or knew a ****ing thing about Whistler, you'd know those plans were shot down by the provincial government a long time ago.

What a joke. Now you're trying to pass yourself off as a Whistler local. Man you're a tool.
Old November 24th 13, 06:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:51:54 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

I have over a hundred days of skiing at Whistler.

That's not much. Besides, you're lying.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 24th 13, 01:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

wrote this crap:

I have over a hundred days of skiing at Whistler.

That's not much.

That must make me a 3 Valleys local...

Old November 24th 13, 09:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:51:54 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:36:42 PM UTC-8, wrote:

[...]

I have over a hundred days of skiing at Whistler. Visited at least twice a year for the last 25 years or so. Good friends who keep me posted. Friends who work for the mountain. While I certainly am not a local, I sure as **** know a helluva lot more about the place than anyone who posts here, tool, especially Gumby Dave.

YOU should share inside information about the mountain you work it, freak.. Ooooops, forgot. If you did, and the mountain read your cowardly, lying, stalking, pussy bull**** here, you'd no longer be a local.

Now brag about being a coward again.

I never said I worked for any mountain.
Old November 25th 13, 05:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Busted lying again. As usual.

Your fantasy world again.
Old November 25th 13, 01:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, November 25, 2013 12:36:25 AM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:55:56 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Busted lying again. As usual.

Your fantasy world again.

You really do not know you are lying, do you freak?

You really don't know where reality ends and your recovered memory syndrome begins, do you Trunky?
Old November 25th 13, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, November 25, 2013 3:33:12 PM UTC-6, twobuddha wrote:
On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:12:52 AM UTC-8, wrote:

You really don't know where reality ends and your recovered memory syndrome begins, do you Trunky?

Recovered memory syndrome? How desperate can you get? I know, I know, a lot more desperate. You really do not know you are lying, do you, freak.

Scott,

Try this:

http://www.backlash.com/content/gender/1995/3-mar95/scottbarakabraham_1995_03.html

In this article you state that you "testified before legislatures." Care to cite those events? It's all in the public record, so we can find you out eventually.

You also claim "I sure used to be one crazy dude -- but I'm not any more. My sanity was earned." 18 years later, we're not convinced, unless sanity is temporary and fleeting.

Your words, Scott. Own them, or refute them and recant.
Old November 25th 13, 10:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Monday, November 25, 2013 1:41:24 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

And "hundreds of interviews" for the media. Some might still exist?
Old November 26th 13, 12:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, November 25, 2013 4:31:44 PM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

And "hundreds of interviews" for the media. Some might still exist?

Yeah, Scott. Tell us. Inquiring minds want to know!

When you get home from your job as a Walmart greeter, give us the 411 on those hundreds of interviews. I'm sure that each and every one of them must have resulted in a published article. After all -- as I am sure you know -- real journalists only interview people when they have an assigned article and they are on deadline to deliver.

Since you are a real journalist, just like you're a real everything else on your resume, as you've described it here, you'd know that and you'll have a clip book of everywhere you've been quoted in paper print.

I'll leave to to Horvath or Dave or the rest of your esteemed colleagues to list your prodigious (or prodigal) accomplishments and remind us of everything that you've accomplished in your lifetime.

Jim in Texas