Tree & powder board

Old January 18th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Tree & powder board

I'm thinking I might get one of these, after a short play on a mate's Fish
last year. What else is out there that follows the same design concepts?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/
Old January 18th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:29:24 GMT, Switters allegedly
wrote:

I'm thinking I might get one of these, after a short play on a mate's
Fish last year. What else is out there that follows the same design
concepts?

Stupid fingers. I meant to say, what else is out there apart from the
Burton Fish, Burton Malolo[1] and Prior Khyber?

[1] Could this years graphics be any worse?[2]
[2] FFS trawling through Burton's website is painful.

Old January 18th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

wrote:

I'm thinking I might get one of these, after a short play on a mate's
Fish last year. What else is out there that follows the same design
concepts?

Stupid fingers. I meant to say, what else is out there apart from the
Burton Fish, Burton Malolo[1] and Prior Khyber?

[1] Could this years graphics be any worse?[2]
[2] FFS trawling through Burton's website is painful.

Those ones are the major players (nothing will be as floaty or quick
turning as the Fish which has the most taper at 3cm I think)... but
several companies make moderate powder boards with some taper to them
that make them easier to handle in tight powder. Consider the Venture
Euphoria, Neversummer Summit, Nitro Pantera, Nidecker Megalight,
Option Northshore, Libtech Mullet (that's about the order I would
recommend them in). Check there specs, more taper usually means more
float and quicker, surfy turns like the Fish.

Old January 18th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

lonerider wrote:
Switters wrote:

Stupid fingers. I meant to say, what else is out there apart from the
Burton Fish, Burton Malolo[1] and Prior Khyber?

Consider the Venture
Euphoria, Neversummer Summit, Nitro Pantera, Nidecker Megalight,
Option Northshore, Libtech Mullet (that's about the order I would
recommend them in). Check there specs, more taper usually means more
float and quicker, surfy turns like the Fish.

If you've got the cash, check out the Dupraz. Here's a review:

http://www.hardbooter.com/news/archi...der-Board.html

Neil
Old January 18th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Neil Gendzwill wrote:

If you've got the cash, check out the Dupraz.

Actually it isn't even all that pricey as these things go - list price
549 euros, so a bit over $US700, similar to a Tanker. Not sure how to
get one in the US, but Dupraz has an english website and an email contact.

Neil
Old January 19th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:58:19 GMT, "lonerider"
allegedly wrote:

Consider the Venture
Euphoria, Neversummer Summit, Nitro Pantera, Nidecker Megalight,
Option Northshore, Libtech Mullet (that's about the order I would
recommend them in).

Arvin, you're are a veritable encyclopedia of boards! Thanks for the
info.

Old January 19th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
56fish

Get a Malolo. 4-5 cm shorter than your usual deck. Same length if
you're talking more open (as opposed to tighter trees). It's a
no-brainer!

Old January 22nd 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:51:09 GMT, "56fish"
allegedly wrote:

Get a Malolo. 4-5 cm shorter than your usual deck. Same length if
you're talking more open (as opposed to tighter trees). It's a
no-brainer!

Generally, I don't care what my board looks like, but those graphics for
this years model sucks the big one. I'll probably go for a Khyber but ask
Prior to make me a wider one. I'll set up some demos first. Whatever
rides best will get the money, even if I have to spray paint it.

Old January 25th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
56fish

Generally, I don't care what my board looks like, but those graphics
for
this years model sucks the big one.

Can't argue that!

Old January 25th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
56fish

On Jan 22, 8:39 am, Switters wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:51:09 GMT, "56fish"

Generally, I don't care what my board looks like, but those graphics
for
this years model sucks the big one.

Can't argue that. Check out Burton's Series 13.
http://www.series13.com/

Prior Khyber as my main board [email protected] Snowboarding 6 January 15th 07 02:06 AM
new board time? Yup Snowboarding 6 May 21st 05 07:30 PM
Board flex and fast powder turns id Snowboarding 10 December 14th 04 03:08 PM
Burton Dominant Sizing------Please help Lee Snowboarding 5 November 21st 03 06:22 PM