Fracture update 3 or 4

Old June 5th 06, 03:17 AM

Default Fracture update 3 or 4

Mary
I went ice skating today. It felt good but different. My balance and
weight tranfers are there but repaired leg has little or no spring to it
yet. I can barely do a left leg squat but its better than 2 weeks ago
when I could not do a squat period.
I have been increasing my exercise level, and doing a lot of walking and
might stop with a terrain feature and do an exercise, some times I
change the style of walk for a block or so a favorite is high stepping.
At times I look like one of the ministers of silly walks. Leg will not
let me run yet, but I try on the flashing do not walk signals got to
have a little incentive.
At this rate I should be in reasonable shape for ski season. There is a
very good chance of a long bicycle ride tomorrow, will be my first ride
not on a stationary attachment. It is one of the days I have off.

michael
Old June 5th 06, 05:17 PM

Just normal recovery process.
Try getting out of your cast after 13 months to find your thighs
smaller than your forearms.
Things happen, you heal mostly.
Skiiing is not until Dec. You have 6 months to get to jogging state.
I think you'll make it.
You're not a WorldCup downhiller, are you?

Old June 5th 06, 06:56 PM

LeeD wrote:
Just normal recovery process.
Try getting out of your cast after 13 months to find your thighs
smaller than your forearms.
Things happen, you heal mostly.
Skiiing is not until Dec. You have 6 months to get to jogging state.
I think you'll make it.
You're not a WorldCup downhiller, are you?

I do masters racing, there are a few former world cuppers that compete.
There are some race camps in Oct/Nov that I am in debate about
attending. I have to keep putting the thought out of my mind that I can
run in Masters Summer National at end of July at Hood. But since I can
not run and my skating starts suck I have some what of a convincing
arguement I am not ready yet.
Old June 6th 06, 05:13 AM

Jesus Christ, would you shut the **** up about your pathetic health?
You're an asshole. Nobody cares. **** yourself. Broken legs couldn't
happen to a bigger asshole.

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Old June 6th 06, 11:39 AM

Two Buddha wrote:
Jesus Christ, would you shut the **** up about your pathetic health?
You're an asshole. Nobody cares. **** yourself. Broken legs couldn't
happen to a bigger asshole.

FF must have been rejected by another transvestite.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!What didn't he like, the belly that
keeps your feet dry in the rain?, the immense bent melon head? the
trashed excuse for a car? the basement for a house? the abusive
language? the lack of any motivation or ambition? the continual
disregard for the law? the lying? What's not to love? Try EVERYTHING,
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! Try beating off in your cardboard
box instead of the keyboard.

Old June 6th 06, 03:53 PM

down_hill wrote:
LeeD wrote:
Just normal recovery process.
Try getting out of your cast after 13 months to find your thighs
smaller than your forearms.
Things happen, you heal mostly.
Skiiing is not until Dec. You have 6 months to get to jogging state.
I think you'll make it.
You're not a WorldCup downhiller, are you?

I do masters racing, there are a few former world cuppers that compete.
There are some race camps in Oct/Nov that I am in debate about
attending. I have to keep putting the thought out of my mind that I can
run in Masters Summer National at end of July at Hood. But since I can
not run and my skating starts suck I have some what of a convincing
arguement I am not ready yet.

You'll know when you're ready to go - until then you could try mountain
biking. Pushing those pedals on the uphills builds the legs fast - and
the adrenaline rush on the downhills provides a partial substitute for
skiing.

P.S. You know not to listen to the street people ranting on the corner,
don't you?
Old June 7th 06, 01:49 PM

lal_truckee wrote:

You'll know when you're ready to go - until then you could try mountain
biking. Pushing those pedals on the uphills builds the legs fast - and
the adrenaline rush on the downhills provides a partial substitute for
skiing.

P.S. You know not to listen to the street people ranting on the corner,
don't you?

I was thinking while gardening yesterday how much a crack smoking
homeless person who begs and rants and raves in front of BBQ next to my
building is like the RSA loon. I had about 6 similarities between the
two. From being a drain on society to having people believe that the
person has some redeeming qualities. Of course the people who give him
food and money do not have to clean up the food he just opens and tosses
about with empty vials and used lighters, while screaming the same
rant over and over.
I spend a lot of time on my bike I have set it up as a stationary with a
weird part about skating was my knee clicked when I walked on rubber
mat with skates on, but did not click when I skated. I should know when
I am ready, but I have a habit of pushing the envelope.

LaL thanks for your comments

michael
Old June 7th 06, 02:04 PM

down_hill wrote:
The weird part about skating was my knee clicked when I walked on rubber
mat with skates on, but did not click when I skated. I should know when
I am ready, but I have a habit of pushing the envelope.

I had arthroscopy on my right knee years ago, but strangely it's my
*left* knee that bothers me. When I run around the athletic fields and
do much lateral work my left knee really starts to bother me. So now,
when it starts to hurt, I stop! And what's really great is that
neither of my knees bother me at all when I'm skiing. I read a book
about a distance runner that put away his mileage book and chronometer
and just started to run according to how his body felt. He said his
body ended up feeling much better than before, and when it came to
racing his times improved. For this to be effective though,k I think
you need work out enough to where you really get in tune with what your
body is telling you - and listen to it.

JP
**************************************
My body is telling me to go eat
those last 7 chocolate chip cookies.

Old June 7th 06, 02:32 PM

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...

down_hill wrote:
[...]

I agree . The psychology factor is a major part of it . When I run around
the school track , I get so freaking bored ( even with my ipod ) that I
never seem to run as far as I do when I just go running a random course
around the neighborhood . The counting of the laps and going around in
circles simply makes me tired sooner and want to run less .

Also I had a small ski accident and pulled something around my right
knee.The doctor and didn't let it heal right . Now if I move it a certain
way I hear a clicking sound . My doctor looks at it long afterward and
claimed the hard fall made a bump on the bone and now the sound is a tendon
( or something ? ) snapping around the bump on the bone , sort of like
cracking your knuckles . Amazingly though it doesn't affect my running or
skiing and the only time it bothers me if the 'psychology' of hearing the
sound , so I'm probably going to just leave it alone .
Ron