St. Anton - Ski and massage info

Old December 19th 04, 08:05 AM
J.B. Memascii

Default St. Anton - Ski and massage info

Hi,

The missus is planning on investing in some skis while
we're in St. Anton. Can anyone recommend a good shop,
preferably one where she can try before she buys. She
speaks fluent German so language isn't a problem.

Also, if anyone knows of somewhere there I can book her
a massage type thing as an x-mas pressie, that would be
a real bonus.

Cheers.
Iain.
Old December 19th 04, 08:50 AM
Steve Haigh

J.B. Memascii wrote:
Hi,

The missus is planning on investing in some skis while
we're in St. Anton. Can anyone recommend a good shop,
preferably one where she can try before she buys. She
speaks fluent German so language isn't a problem.

There are quite a few very good shops. My personal favourite is Sport
Fauner, very friendly service but it's a small shop and gets a bit
crowded. Just around the corner is Sport Jenneweien with a bigger
selection but not quite the same service (still good though). You'll
probably find that they all charge the same prices (at least until the
sales start) - I'm not saying there's a cartell, but they can't really
do anything else, with them all so close together.

Just about every one in St Anton speaks fluent English too, so it's not
a problem either way.

Also, if anyone knows of somewhere there I can book her
a massage type thing as an x-mas pressie, that would be
a real bonus.

The Hotel Arlberg (on the main street about 100m past the church on the
right as you head out of centre) get's my wife's recommendation here.
Failing that there is the "wellness centre" which is widely advertised
in the town.