Classic rollerskis: length matters?

Old March 11th 04, 01:41 AM
Jeff Potter

Default Classic rollerskis: length matters?

Just wondering.

I see some combi skis are pretty short.

Dedicated classic rollerskis are usually quite a bit longer.

Make much difference?

Heck if my 125 tires keep popping I might like just having one set that
works for both skate and classic.

Looking into making up my own via Nordic Skater. Also looking at
Jesenik.

--

Jeff Potter
****

... offering Vordenberg's XC ski tales in "Momentum"! ...
... "The Recumbent Bicycle": the only book about these bikes! ...
... Rudloe's "Potluck": true-life story of workingclass smuggling! ...

... with radical novels coming up via LiteraryRevolution.com! ...
... music! ... articles! ... travel forums! ... WOW! 800-763-6923

Old March 11th 04, 01:29 PM
Serge

Check out 720mm beams at http://www.skiroller.de/pl_ersatzteile.html
for 20EUR. and other parts including clutch for classic.

Site is in German, but the guy speaks passable English.
His name is Gunther.
Old March 11th 04, 02:24 PM
Jeff Potter

Serge wrote:

Check out 720mm beams at http://www.skiroller.de/pl_ersatzteile.html
for 20EUR. and other parts including clutch for classic.

Cool. It looks like you could plug'n'play a complete set-up quite
easily. Do the math anyone?

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old March 11th 04, 03:50 PM
sknyski

Jeff -

I have been told (I don't know first hand) that girth (width) is more
important than length.

bt
Old March 11th 04, 11:30 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Talk to Dick Fultz at Grayling about rollerski length. Taller people
need more shaft length to keep the front wheel down.

GG