Modern Rugby Songs

Old November 10th 17, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

Default Modern Rugby Songs

A FlyBE plane with 3 wheels
Set off for Inverness
But had to turn back home again
And land with one wheel less
Old November 11th 17, 12:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/10/2017 12:26 PM, BrritSki wrote:
A FlyBE plane with 3 wheels
Set off for Inverness
But had to turn back home again
And land with one wheel less

What do we Yanks need to know in order for this to be understood?

--
Cheers, Bev
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock
Old November 11th 17, 08:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 11/11/2017 01:16, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/10/2017 12:26 PM, BrritSki wrote:
A FlyBE plane with 3 wheels
Set off for Inverness
But had to turn back home again
And land with one wheel less

What do we Yanks need to know in order for this to be understood?

There's an old rugby song that starts:
Four and twenty virgins came down from Inverness
And when they all went home there were four and twenty less

Very rude version here, NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk3YzGUzKiA

and then this was in the news yesterday:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-no-nose-gear/

Old November 11th 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/11/2017 12:56 AM, BrritSki wrote:
On 11/11/2017 01:16, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/10/2017 12:26 PM, BrritSki wrote:
A FlyBE plane with 3 wheels
Set off for Inverness
But had to turn back home again
And land with one wheel less

What do we Yanks need to know in order for this to be understood?

There's an old rugby song that starts:
Four and twenty virgins came down from Inverness
And when they all went home there were four and twenty less

Very rude version here, NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk3YzGUzKiA

I can imagine a group of happy drunks singing this...

and then this was in the news yesterday:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-no-nose-gear/

Oopsie. Didn't something like this happen to a big passenger jet
recently? I remember -- nosewheel-down light didn't come on, so they
did a flyby of the terminal to find out if it was actually down or not.
Or was that a movie?

--
Cheers, Bev
"A complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
Old November 12th 17, 08:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 11/11/2017 21:36, The Real Bev wrote:

Oopsie.Â* Didn't something like this happen to a big passenger jet
recently?Â* I remember -- nosewheel-down light didn't come on, so they
did a flyby of the terminal to find out if it was actually down or not.
Â*Or was that a movie?

It happened to my RAF Jet Provost training instructor. One morning he
told me that he wasn't going up with me and sent me off to do something
solo instead.
After about half an hour in the air I realised that I kept hearing my
instructor's call sign so I listened in while he was being asked for
fuels states etc. Then there was a general call for all other aircraft
to either land immediately or divert. I was near the airfield so came
home, jumped out and asked what was going on.
Apparently they were doing circuits and on one of them did not get 3
green lights to show that the landing gear was down and locked. They did
a fly-by and confirmed that one wheel was still up, so they burnt off
fuel and then came in for an emergency landing.
The touch down was superb - all wheels up to prevent cart-wheeling and
he held it about 6" off the tarmac until it stalled on. As soon as the
speed dropped a bit the canopy opened and the 2 figures were on the wing
and dropped off as soon as it was safe.
Not sure if the plane ever flew again, but there was no fire or obvious
damage apart from the scrapes.
Afterwards I learned that my fellow (Malaysian Air Force) student wasn't
at all worried about the situation but was very keen to eject for the
good experience

Old November 13th 17, 04:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/12/2017 12:57 AM, BrritSki wrote:

...Afterwards I learned that my fellow (Malaysian Air Force) student wasn't
at all worried about the situation but was very keen to eject for the
good experience

Was HE on the plane? Some people can always see the bright side of any
experience. We need to beat the **** out of those people...

--
Cheers, Bev
"A friend is someone who puts the needs of others above their own.
Old November 13th 17, 08:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 13/11/2017 05:36, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/12/2017 12:57 AM, BrritSki wrote:

...Afterwards I learned that my fellow (Malaysian Air Force) student
wasn't
at all worried about the situation but was very keen to eject for the
good experienceÂ*

Was HE on the plane?Â* Some people can always see the bright side of any
experience.Â* We need to beat the **** out of those people...

Yes, we was the other student I shared an instructor with.

He'd probably regret banging out now as it usually leaves survivors with
spinal damage.

Earlier in training we all went on a Martin-Baker test rig with only a
one third explosive charge in and even with close attention to tightness
of straps, sitting position, lumbar pad etc (time you wouldn't have in a
real emergency), it was very painful, but no lasting damage.

Old November 13th 17, 08:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 13/11/2017 06:21, Scott Abraham wrote:
I've never seen the bright side of any experience

Yes, we gathered that.