3 Valleys Opening date

Old January 18th 10, 09:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

Default 3 Valleys Opening date

Does anyone know where I can find out what dates the lifts which connect
Meribel/Mottaret to Courcheval and Val Thorens open?

This year they opened on 12th December, and I was told that this was 1 week
earlier than usual. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

(We had a very good weeks skiing 13-18 December.)

--
Michael Chare

Old January 19th 10, 09:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:18:22 -0000, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find out what dates the lifts which connect
Meribel/Mottaret to Courcheval and Val Thorens open?

This year they opened on 12th December, and I was told that this was 1 week
earlier than usual. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

I think they just open as soon as there's enough snow, although
clearly not before teh main areas aer themselves open :-)

(We had a very good weeks skiing 13-18 December.)

Cool. It's been pretty good in Switzerland too, from the end of
November onwards. Regular moderate snowfalls rather than big dumps,
for the most part, with only one spell, IIRC, of above-zero
temperatures since that time. That's in Engelberg, but I think is
typical of other resorts in mid-Switzerland.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old January 19th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Brian Mc

Michael Chare wrote:
: This year they opened on 12th December, and I was told that this was 1 week
: earlier than usual. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

I don't think so! I was there between 13th and 20th December and had always
expected the link lifts to be open (snow permitting!). They also were when
I last went to the 3-Valleys before Xmas 4 years ago on about these dates.

(Quite) a few other lifts (incuding Mt Vallon) were not open that week.

Old January 20th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:15:29 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find out what dates the lifts which connect
Meribel/Mottaret to Courcheval and Val Thorens open?

This year they opened on 12th December, and I was told that this was 1 week
earlier than usual. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

I think they just open as soon as there's enough snow, although
clearly not before teh main areas aer themselves open :-)

Quite. The last but one time I went to Val Thorens (just before
Christmas) the links out weren't yet open, although VT itself was
reasonably well covered..

--
Colin Irvine

Val D'Isere compared to 3 Valleys? z? Snowboarding 1 October 30th 06 07:19 PM
Trois valleys JP European Ski Resorts 2 February 24th 06 06:21 PM
Best Before Date? Anders Lustig Nordic Skiing 0 February 13th 04 09:02 AM
up to date din chart? F. Plant Alpine Skiing (moderated) 6 November 26th 03 11:06 PM
La Tania 3 valleys NIC ATKINSON Snowboarding 0 November 23rd 03 07:14 PM