Beware of booking with Ski Weekends

Old January 19th 06, 03:30 PM

Default Beware of booking with Ski Weekends

After spending nearly =A33000 for a ski weekend for my stag trip, it was
very disappointing to experience a few issues with the provider
SkiWeekends. AKA Ski
Weekends/BoardBreaks/Freedom2Travel/euro-study-tours.co.uk

Putting aside minor annoyances like scruffy accommodation, cold cooked
breakfast and a surprise checkout time of 8am for a 3pm departure we
were very concerned about the lack of attention to health and safety.
The transport they provided to the lift was dangerous, and their
recommended path to the lift was an extremely hazardous iced path.

When I challenged the MD (B Jones), he initially denied the complaints
and said the paths were cleared regularly, he also said the French Chef
would not serve hot food etc. He also said he would sue if I shared my
views publicly.

But after seeing my photographs he offered a mere =A370 to compensate us
for the cold breakfasts. I am genuinely astounded the MD of SkiWeekends
did not take customer service, health and safety or customer feedback
more seriously. And I suggest anyone looking for a safe & enjoyable
break avoids SkiWeekends/Board Breaks/Freedom 2 Travel/
euro-study-tours.co.uk (ATOL Number: 6624)

Old January 20th 06, 05:24 PM

I went with ski weekends a couple of years ago and they were good. I
wouldn't say great, but they were pretty organised and good for the price.

I didn't have a hot breakfast either, but it wasn't advertised and rarely
have I ever received a hot breakfast in Europe so it wasn't expected.

If you were staying in Brides les Bains I know what you mean about the walk
to the lift. Its pretty steep and I'm sure if it was icey in the town it
would have been quite a walk however when I was there they did provide
transport at certain times (which you do mention, but then say that the
paths where icey - why did you walk when you could take the transport?).

"DJEZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
After spending nearly £3000 for a ski weekend for my stag trip, it was
very disappointing to experience a few issues with the provider
SkiWeekends. AKA Ski
Weekends/BoardBreaks/Freedom2Travel/euro-study-tours.co.uk

Putting aside minor annoyances like scruffy accommodation, cold cooked
breakfast and a surprise checkout time of 8am for a 3pm departure we
were very concerned about the lack of attention to health and safety.
The transport they provided to the lift was dangerous, and their
recommended path to the lift was an extremely hazardous iced path.

When I challenged the MD (B Jones), he initially denied the complaints
and said the paths were cleared regularly, he also said the French Chef
would not serve hot food etc. He also said he would sue if I shared my
views publicly.

But after seeing my photographs he offered a mere £70 to compensate us

Old February 15th 06, 04:31 PM

We walked because the mini bus provided was in our view dangerous, the
one time we did use it the driver seemed keen on chucking the van
around even though we told him the rear tyre was flat! Hence the walk
seemed safer.