Demoing Skis in Utah?

Old December 6th 04, 08:13 AM
caprio caprio is offline
Junior Member

Default Demoing Skis in Utah?

I am from Canada East coast, but I was BORN in Utah. Me and my family are heading back there for Christmas this year and I have been dying to try out all of the new technologies that have been coming out.

I've been reading forums and posts and seeing that people "out west" seem to have this opportunity to try demo skis quite easily.

How/where would I go abouts obtaining information about demoing skis for approximately a week?

thanks for your advice!
Old December 6th 04, 12:52 PM
pigo

"caprio" wrote in message

I am from Canada East coast, but I was BORN in Utah. Me and my family
are heading back there for Christmas this year and I have been dying to
try out all of the new technologies that have been coming out.

I've been reading forums and posts and seeing that people "out west"
seem to have this opportunity to try demo skis quite easily.

How/where would I go abouts obtaining information about demoing skis
for approximately a week?

Where are you staying/skiing? Do you know what you want to try? Do you want
to try them for the entire week?

If you are planning on buying, the shops used to take the price you paid for
demo's off of your purchase price. And I think that runs about $50/day.

If you want to try a bunch of different stuff the thing to do would be to
get them at a mountainside shop so that you can change out.

I know the guys at The Ski Connection near the bottom of BCC. They always
had the most reasonable prices when I was paying attention. It's where I
take my BIL when he comes to town. The don't have a retail shop but he does
have some skis for sale everyonce and awhile. Demo's or guys that have run
out of money or something.

They get busy at xmas, call ahead for best choice. 801-942-2002. Ask for
Steve, tell them Bob T. sent you over.

pigo

Old December 7th 04, 01:00 AM
FHemmer209

caprio wrote:

How/where would I go abouts obtaining information about demoing skis
for approximately a week?

I have been very pleased with the service at Deep Powder House at Alta. They
are knowledgable and their location slopeside makes for easy in/out.

Fred
Old December 7th 04, 01:10 AM
Dmitry

"pigo" wrote

How/where would I go abouts obtaining information about demoing skis
for approximately a week?

Where are you staying/skiing? Do you know what you want to try? Do you want to try them for the entire week?

If you are planning on buying, the shops used to take the price you paid for demo's off of your purchase price. And I think that
runs about $50/day.

If you want to try a bunch of different stuff the thing to do would be to get them at a mountainside shop so that you can change
out.

Also worth while checking out demo days calendar of brands you're
interested in, they just might happen to have free demos available
when you'll be there. You will still need some other skis for the
rest of the day though (they usually want their stuff back within
a couple of hours), so this might not be a solution if you don't
have any skis at all.

Old December 15th 04, 12:12 AM
FHemmer209

He's a ****ing genius.

First time I have been accused of that!

Welcome back. I was wondering where you have been.

Fred
Old December 15th 04, 10:48 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
FHemmer209 wrote:

Welcome back. I was wondering where you have been.

I bought a Toyota 4X4 this fall. We put a new roof on Benny Wilson's house.
He has a 14' vaulted ceiling in his living room now with a radial roof on
the North side and a 17 degree conventional roof to the south. Its insulated
and rated at R48. The sun won't shine on it from today until the 15th of
January, so he's staying toasty nowadays. Anyway, that's what we did
under the high pressure ridge that rotted all the October snow and caused
deep instability for the season.

I'm heading down in a couple of months to fix Joel's roof, and save him
some money. A buddy of mine is working in Reno this winter, so I'll have
his condo in Salt Lake to operate out of. Keep in touch, so we can
coordinate between Alta, the Bird, the Hole, and Grouper fishing!

Happy Holidays, there really is a Santa Clause, eh?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old December 16th 04, 09:33 PM
FHemmer209

I'm heading down in a couple of months to fix Joel's roof, and save him
some money. A buddy of mine is working in Reno this winter, so I'll have
his condo in Salt Lake to operate out of. Keep in touch, so we can
coordinate between Alta, the Bird, the Hole, and Grouper fishing!

Let me know when you head this way.
I am in Vail the week of Jan 16. And Salt Lake March 17-26 and April 8-16. This
is about the third time I have missed JH since 1988. But the offer of a totally
free Vail trip was too tough to pass up.

Fred