Glencoe Shut Down

Old November 28th 03, 01:41 PM
Craig Lynn

Default Glencoe Shut Down

I just heard today that Glencoe Ski resort has had to shut down right before
the peak of the winter season due to cash problems...this bothers me as I
used to go there a lot...not so much now as i'm recovering from a smashed
leg

Does this bother anyone else that a resort has to close because of money
problems....

What does everyone think of the Burton Custom X board....I'm thinking of
getting one soon....

Craig

Old November 30th 03, 08:59 PM
Mike Watson

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:41:09 -0000, "Craig Lynn"
wrote:

I just heard today that Glencoe Ski resort has had to shut down right before
the peak of the winter season due to cash problems...this bothers me as I
used to go there a lot...not so much now as i'm recovering from a smashed
leg

Does this bother anyone else that a resort has to close because of money
problems....

What does everyone think of the Burton Custom X board....I'm thinking of
getting one soon....

Craig

The lack of snow would put most people off too I guess. Last time I
went there it was raining when they had advertised good conditions.
Old December 2nd 03, 08:43 AM
Colin Fraser

Yeah, it is a bugger they won't be opening but hardly surprising.
I'm just amazed that the other areas are still able to continue after the
last few seasons.

Col

Old December 12th 03, 03:55 PM
DrugBuddy

wrote:

I just heard today that Glencoe Ski resort has had to shut down right

before
the peak of the winter season due to cash problems...this bothers me as I
used to go there a lot...not so much now as i'm recovering from a smashed
leg

Does this bother anyone else that a resort has to close because of money
problems....

What does everyone think of the Burton Custom X board....I'm thinking of
getting one soon....

Craig

The lack of snow would put most people off too I guess. Last time I
went there it was raining when they had advertised good conditions.

Jeezuz, I'm out in sunny Azerbaijan just now but my bruv managed to
get the news to me about Coe. Feck feck feck feck feck. My leave cycle
from this job gets me home at the end of Jan when Coe usually hits its
'high season' and Coe's only 90 minutes up the road from me
house...feck feck feck feck feck. I didn't really think it could
survive another season though - here's hoping for lottery funding!

Yip - no boarding from Baku, and the golf course has 7 holes, it's
kinda being built. I should have signed on this winter......

DB
Old December 12th 03, 04:06 PM
Barney

"DrugBuddy" wrote in message
om...

Jeezuz, I'm out in sunny Azerbaijan just now but my bruv managed to
get the news to me about Coe. Feck feck feck feck feck. My leave cycle
from this job gets me home at the end of Jan when Coe usually hits its
'high season' and Coe's only 90 minutes up the road from me
house...feck feck feck feck feck. I didn't really think it could
survive another season though - here's hoping for lottery funding!

Too right. Well, here's hoping for snow, really.

Yip - no boarding from Baku

No chance of hitting Turkey or Iran then?

Old December 13th 03, 01:39 PM
DrugBuddy

Too right. Well, here's hoping for snow, really.

Yip - no boarding from Baku

No chance of hitting Turkey or Iran then?

Nope and nope. Job's pretty intensive tho, I can take 1 day off a week
at most, but even trying to arrange a taxi out of town is pretty wack.
The traffic police have a big logo 'DYP' on their jackets. Dunno what
it means but the locals tell me it translates into - 'Did You
Pay'.....it's that kinda deal in Azerbaijan (if you got a UK/US face
then you get dun over).

Nevermind, I'm still doing the snowdance for Scotland - I get back the
end of Jan.

One thing the oil industry has brought here is a Quicksilver/Roxy shop
- it's fecking weird. You can buy pirate anything - DVDs for 3 bucks,
designer chick gear for no money and then there's a genuine Quicky
store in the middle of town (yeah there's also a McDonalds!). Made me
think though, in a place like this, Quicky have setup a shopfront
already..I never thought of QS as a globalisation anti-christ......ya
live and learn.

DB