Foot still attached to board when on chair lifts is killing my knee...

Old December 16th 03, 05:49 AM
ing. A. Kleibeuker

Default Foot still attached to board when on chair lifts is killing my knee...

I read the post a while ago and thought there is said enough on this topic
until yesterday while I was wondering if this is really your problem.

So I give it a try since because I sometimes experienced a painful knee too,
without taking any chairlift at all. By the way, I was triggered by this
article
http://www.kommunity.com/advice/index.php In short it says that having the
wrong position on your board it put a lot of tension in your legs and feeds.

When I have painful knees it is a result of putting my binding quite forward
(Ffeed +30(degree) and Bfeed +20 as i normal ride 10 a 15 degree full duck)
I enforce probably to much to carve hard which result in painful knees.

Actually i really like the chairlifts, with a dangling board enjoying the
view.
Far more better than staying in a crowded cabin where some guy could no
longer keep the tension inside and releases a fart.

Read the article and success with your knee...

"chas" wrote in message
om...
When I went snowboarding in Korea, they let people carry their
snowboard when they ride on a chair lift (and in fact, many people do
just this, as opposed to wearing them on the lift).

However, at the resort I went to in Japan, they absolutely forbid this
- instead, you have to get on the lift with one (leading) foot still
strapped into the board. I can only surmise that they do this to
prevent somebody dropping their board onto the slopes (or people)
below ???

Is this the same situation in Europe and USA ?

Anyway, this in itself would be ok, except the knee of that leading
leg always hurts as a result ... with each day, I notice that riding
on the lifts soon becomes the part I dread most as the stress in the
knee becomes excruciating. (My binding angle is only 15 degrees, so
sitting on a lift with 2 or 3 other people and my board facing forward
means twisting the foot 90 degrees and when you're sat down all of
that comes out of the knee).

Has anybody else experienced and overcome this at all ?

Apologies for this rather silly question.

chas

Old December 17th 03, 03:05 PM
Yello snow

Another point to consider if you intend to strap up your rear foot on
the chair lift is to be careful getting of the lift.

I've noticed on a couple of the older chairlifts in Les Arcs that have
little or no clearance between the chair and the exit ramp.

Yello - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :-)

(chas) wrote in message . com...
Thanks to everybody for their input... wow, what a polite and helpful
newsgroup (they still do exist

Have been playing with the idea of trying to get my second (rear) foot
into the straps as I ride the lift - will try to make it a reality
this year. Or just finally learn to ride goofy so that I can swap legs
and relieve the pressure on my dodgy knee.

Thanks again guys.

Chas