Wheel hang appears worse with NNN - ideas?

Old January 23rd 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Larry

Default Wheel hang appears worse with NNN - ideas?

Hi,

In the long and painful process of fitting my V2 150s with the right
set of boots and bindings, I had the opportunity to check out both SNS
and NNN, keeping the NNN because of the better fit of my Rossi boots.
One thing that I discovered was that the Profil binding had no wheel
hang to speak of - in fact, the ski came back with an appreciable snap.
Although I settled for NNN R3 skate binding (it came with a set of
black flexors), I have to say that it feels much softer compared with
Profil. Even looking at it, you see much less rubber sticking out
against the boot. Also, the sole flexor seems to work in exactly the
opposite direction pushing the ski away from the boot, although I may
be wrong there.

I think I saw or heard something about mixing and matching different
flexors to produce the desired ski return. Any ideas for the 150s?

Many thanks!

Old January 23rd 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Hi,

Having bought a new pair of Salomon boots, I experienced the "clap"
with rollerskis, on my left foot only.

1) New Salomon boots have the front bar 1cm back compared to old boots.
It affects skis with Profil bindings, giving a stronger return.

2) I analysed this as a default in my pushing technique. The solution
is start to push firmly with my heel and then push sideway and, sort
of, forward. I have then the feeling that I apply much more power and
then the ski don't clap.

BTW, I love the new Salomon boots (the black,high-end, ones).

Laurent

Old January 23rd 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Larry

Laurent,

In my arduous selection process, I did try Pilot boots on the Profil
binding that I had on the skis. I got exactly the kind of "clap" you
are talking about, on both skis. I agree that this is probably due to
the shape and pin location on the Pilot boot.

However, to make the comparison fair to NNN, in my post above I'm
talking about Profil boots on Profil bindings. As I said, ski return is
still very good with Profil boots (with a "snap") despite the 150s
being "heavy". I'm just trying to get something similar with NNN. Given
the ubiquity of NNN skaters, I assume there's got to be a way to get
similar performance out of the NNN binding.