A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Snowboarding
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Snowboarders...losers???



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old January 17th 05, 12:12 AM
John Rogers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, Waco Paco , well... that's just
like... your opinion man.

Matthew Hennig wrote:

snip


Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved with
drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more likely to be
involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the problem, then take
your blinders off. And then the fact that I can't enjoy the slopes in
peace because the snow boarders start blaring their "X-treme" music, its
just wrong. I think JR raised some valid points here and trying to
ignore them like you are trying to do won't make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.


Your self righteousness makes me wanna puke. Trying to pass off as
superior isn't going to solve any problem. Maybe you should try being
constructive as oppose to being destructive. Why don't you offer your
ideas on where these problems stem from. Wait, you already did. You
loosely pinned it on snowboarders.

Let me make some similar accusations. Skiers are all pricks, they don't
do drugs but like to drink irresponsibly, especially apres ski. All
skiers are self righteous. Skiers like to point all problems at
snowboarders. Skiers can't handle powder.

WOW, that was easy!! I never thought that it was so easy just making
generalizations that may or may not hold up to even half of all skiers!
I think I will use this approach more often to argue my points. (I hope
you understand that this whole paragraph was sarcastic).

JR did bring up some valid points that there are assholes on the hill,
but to pin it on snowboarders is low, below the belt low. Like you said,
trying to ignore the facts won't make these problems go away, BUT trying
to pass the blame on some other group won't either.

stu


I agree stu. I didn' t meen to inseminate that all snowboarders were
bad people I just think that if you tried to fit in a little better to
civilized society instead of playing to be the outsidert than it would
be easier for you "radical doods" to be accepted. I also don't
understand why snowboarders get angry at me for pointing out how they
are different when they try so hard to be different I just think
that's funy!!! And MH needs to get off his high horse cause I'm purdy
sure I read in Bibel that self-righteousness is a sin.

JR
Norman, OK
Ads
  #12  
Old January 17th 05, 12:16 AM
winnard
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"John Rogers" wrote in message
...
Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.

JR
Norman, OK


Dude, how'd you get snow in Norman?


winnard


  #13  
Old January 17th 05, 02:03 AM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That's "insinuate" JR, not inseminate; insemination has to do with,
ahem, something else.

If one focuses on the jerks, it's not hard to have them fill your field
of vision. The punks will figure it out, or not. Most of them, if you
can get them one on one, are largely lost & lonely, and are simply
looking for a look. White suburbanites w/the money to buy gear & lift
tickets trying to go hip hop is pathetic, that's all.

Teenagers have been trying to be "different" for about, oh, 2000 years.
Having folks get upset w/them is all they're trying to accomplish;
looks like they're succeeding. Personally, I'll take the punks over
the excessively rich clowns I've run into @ the plush joints.

BTW; I'm 51 years old, been boarding for 9 years, & have yet to find a
mountain that wasn't big enough for everyone. My solution to punk
noise is an iPod turned up to maximum volume w/ Mozart.

  #14  
Old January 17th 05, 02:06 AM
Zaphod Beeblebrox
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Waco Paco wrote:
Matthew Hennig wrote:


el snippo

HA, listen to yourselves! If my university has taught me anything, it is
to critically analyze people's arguments. Calling people names are
immature, but so is generalizing a group of people with the acts of
some! Yes, most of the snowboarders out there are teenagers, but I have
to disagree with your other generalization of snowboarders from your
limited experience and maybe tinted glasses. Your crude generalization
of snowboarders disgust me.


Ohmigod! Sweet Jeebus - where do I begin????
There is so much to respond to and so little time!


OK - let's just focus on 1.0 below...

1. You tend to assume that all snowboarders revel in cutting across
skiers paths.


He did NOT assume that - please go back and re-read the passage.

I have seen many skiers cut across other skiers and
snowboarders and an equal amount of snowboarders doing the same. What
does that mean? It means that type of equipment has no saying in that
behaviour.


No it doesn't - it just means that you need to start taking some more
English classes. I mean, take that very first sentence - what the
sweet **** does it mean?1! "Amount of snowboarders" you say??????
Snowboarders are not salt or sugar - you say "NUMBER of snowboarders!"
And it's "has no say" not "has no saying in that beaviour." And it's
spelt "behaviour" not "behavior."

However, if you look at the age group you'll see that most of
the inconsiderate are teenagers. I have been the victim of young skiers
cutting across a merger zone because they were reckless.


As a teenager I deeply resent your insinuations.


Therefore it
can be established that the equipment has little saying on behaviour but
rather it is directly proportionate to demographic.


As a famous rightwinger once said "There you go again!"
"Directly proportionate to edmolgraphic?"
Please translate....
  #15  
Old January 17th 05, 02:37 AM
Mike M. Miskulin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

John Rogers wrote in
:

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel

in getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run

the country.

Quite the troll you are. Why are you sitting in the lodge? You
must be the typical skiier who can't manage to make mroe than
3 turns before stopping in the middle of the run to catch their
breath and generally jerk around?

Sorry John I've got a buzz cut and yes, I already run the country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and

their ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased
volume.I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb
other people on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the
right to do so?

This must be something new on those big mountains in Norman, OK.
Boarders riding with ghetto boxes on their shoulders!

Please, think about what I've said.


I'm trying not to as you are either:

a) a troll
b) your teenage son posting from your account


A check from deja shows your older id's as:




And with the exception of this post and a very few others you
never leave r.s.college.football Please go back there.

And by the way.. for somebody who sure seems to know a real
lot about strip clubs and which ones have drugs and nasty
diseases, should you really be pontificating about boarders?


From: John Rogers )
Subject: Fort Benning,Columbus GA.Victory Way Whats it like????

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.sex.strip-clubs
Date: 1996/08/03

bruce c. sneddon wrote:

I read in a Moon guide that there are 100s
sexy places for the big military base there
in victory way highway south of Columbus
if so whats it like?
Is it worth visitimng from overseas?


I grew up in Columbus. Live in Atlanta now, but still have occasion
to return home and
while I'm there I visit the clubs to relax a bit.

The strip-clubs in South Columbus (off of Vistory Drive) tend to run
to the sleazy and
occasionally dangerous. Prostitution and drugs are commonly found in
these
establishments. The dancers and/or management will often times try to
rip you off on
buying drinks or dances. This happens more often in the Victory Drive
clubs due to there
proximity to the Army base. Bilking servicemen out of their hard-
earned money has become
a way of life in that area of the city. You can, however,
occasionally get some sleazy
performances for your money in this area.

The best club in town is called The Platinum Club and is located off
of the Manchester
Expressway within sight of the airport. It is a totally nude club
with a $5 cover after
7:00 P.M. (free before). Drinks average $4-$5 and beer $3 (domestic).
Table dances are
$5. So prices are reasonable. Lap dancing and touching are not
allowed due to local
ordinances/laws. It's a small place and the atmosphere and the girls
are friendly. Girls
looks range from average to very pretty. Chelsea, however, is a 5-2,
100 lb. knockout.
Ask for her if you go there on a Friday or Saturday night. Debbie is
very pretty, great
dancer, and great company. You can't go wrong with her either.

Another club in town is The Forum Club off of the Beallwood
Connector. Haven't been
there in some time but it used to be a decent establishment and you
might want to check
it out.

Just one last warning about the South Columbus clubs: if you decide
to go there guard
your wallet carefully. It doesn't happen with great frequency, but
don't ever let your
guard down in that area.

Enjoy...


JMR
  #16  
Old January 17th 05, 02:56 AM
John Rogers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, "Mike M. Miskulin" , well... that's just
like... your opinion man.

John Rogers wrote in
:

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel

in getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run

the country.

Quite the troll you are. Why are you sitting in the lodge? You
must be the typical skiier who can't manage to make mroe than
3 turns before stopping in the middle of the run to catch their
breath and generally jerk around?

Sorry John I've got a buzz cut and yes, I already run the country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and

their ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased
volume.I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb
other people on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the
right to do so?

This must be something new on those big mountains in Norman, OK.
Boarders riding with ghetto boxes on their shoulders!

Please, think about what I've said.


I'm trying not to as you are either:

a) a troll
b) your teenage son posting from your account


A check from deja shows your older id's as:




And with the exception of this post and a very few others you
never leave r.s.college.football Please go back there.

And by the way.. for somebody who sure seems to know a real
lot about strip clubs and which ones have drugs and nasty
diseases, should you really be pontificating about boarders?


So you seem to think it's a bad thing to do our best to save our
country's brave Fighting Soldiers from fraud and/or disease? Why do
you hate America?

JR
Norman, OK
  #17  
Old January 17th 05, 03:02 AM
winnard
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote in message
. 3.44...

I grew up in Columbus. Live in Atlanta now, but still have occasion
to return home and
while I'm there I visit the clubs to relax a bit.

The strip-clubs in South Columbus (off of Vistory Drive) tend to run
to the sleazy and
occasionally dangerous. Prostitution and drugs are commonly found in
these
establishments. The dancers and/or management will often times try to
rip you off on
buying drinks or dances. This happens more often in the Victory Drive
clubs due to there
proximity to the Army base. Bilking servicemen out of their hard-
earned money has become
a way of life in that area of the city. You can, however,
occasionally get some sleazy
performances for your money in this area.

The best club in town is called The Platinum Club and is located off
of the Manchester
Expressway within sight of the airport. It is a totally nude club
with a $5 cover after
7:00 P.M. (free before). Drinks average $4-$5 and beer $3 (domestic).
Table dances are
$5. So prices are reasonable. Lap dancing and touching are not
allowed due to local
ordinances/laws. It's a small place and the atmosphere and the girls
are friendly. Girls
looks range from average to very pretty. Chelsea, however, is a 5-2,
100 lb. knockout.
Ask for her if you go there on a Friday or Saturday night. Debbie is
very pretty, great
dancer, and great company. You can't go wrong with her either.

Another club in town is The Forum Club off of the Beallwood
Connector. Haven't been
there in some time but it used to be a decent establishment and you
might want to check
it out.

Just one last warning about the South Columbus clubs: if you decide
to go there guard
your wallet carefully. It doesn't happen with great frequency, but
don't ever let your
guard down in that area.

Enjoy...


Dude, if this is your sig, you need to get a life.


winnard


  #18  
Old January 17th 05, 03:04 AM
Matthew Hennig
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

snip


Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved
with drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more
likely to be involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the
problem, then take your blinders off. And then the fact that I can't
enjoy the slopes in peace because the snow boarders start blaring
their "X-treme" music, its just wrong. I think JR raised some valid
points here and trying to ignore them like you are trying to do won't
make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.


Your self righteousness makes me wanna puke. Trying to pass off as
superior isn't going to solve any problem. Maybe you should try being
constructive as oppose to being destructive. Why don't you offer your
ideas on where these problems stem from. Wait, you already did. You
loosely pinned it on snowboarders.

Let me make some similar accusations. Skiers are all pricks, they
don't do drugs but like to drink irresponsibly, especially apres ski.
All skiers are self righteous. Skiers like to point all problems at
snowboarders. Skiers can't handle powder.

WOW, that was easy!! I never thought that it was so easy just making
generalizations that may or may not hold up to even half of all
skiers! I think I will use this approach more often to argue my
points. (I hope you understand that this whole paragraph was
sarcastic).

JR did bring up some valid points that there are assholes on the hill,
but to pin it on snowboarders is low, below the belt low. Like you
said, trying to ignore the facts won't make these problems go away,
BUT trying to pass the blame on some other group won't either.


Well, stu, until I see differently from all the snowboarders that come to
town, these generalizations are pretty much dead on. You ask for some
constructive advice, well here's my advice Paco. Snowboarders need to
stop using drugs. Period. Back in my day, I didn't need drugs to give
me a lift, I got that by having clean fun. You notice skiiers and other
mountain enthusaists don't feel the need to use drugs like snowboarders
do. And you're right that skiiers can't handle powder. That's because
skiiers aren't into drugs. They don't WANT powder.

JR had valid points because if you look at it scientifically, the
majority of the assholes are snowboarders. Look at the facts.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.
  #19  
Old January 17th 05, 04:42 AM
Waco Paco
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Waco Paco wrote:

Matthew Hennig wrote:



el snippo


HA, listen to yourselves! If my university has taught me anything, it
is to critically analyze people's arguments. Calling people names are
immature, but so is generalizing a group of people with the acts of
some! Yes, most of the snowboarders out there are teenagers, but I
have to disagree with your other generalization of snowboarders from
your limited experience and maybe tinted glasses. Your crude
generalization of snowboarders disgust me.



Ohmigod! Sweet Jeebus - where do I begin????
There is so much to respond to and so little time!


OK - let's just focus on 1.0 below...

1. You tend to assume that all snowboarders revel in cutting across
skiers paths.



He did NOT assume that - please go back and re-read the passage.

"Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers."


that is what he wrote. The first sentence states his fears. The second
sentence supports why he fears snowboarders. Therefore he is afraid of
snowboarders because some snowboarders like to get in the way of normal
skiers. He is making a judgement on all snowboarders based on a number
of snowboarders he saw.

I have seen many skiers cut across other skiers and
snowboarders and an equal amount of snowboarders doing the same. What
does that mean? It means that type of equipment has no saying in that
behaviour.



No it doesn't - it just means that you need to start taking some more
English classes. I mean, take that very first sentence - what the
sweet **** does it mean?1! "Amount of snowboarders" you say??????
Snowboarders are not salt or sugar - you say "NUMBER of snowboarders!"
And it's "has no say" not "has no saying in that beaviour." And it's
spelt "behaviour" not "behavior."

So, you are agreeing with me its behaviour.
Also amount is equally valid as number. Maybe if you broaden your
horizons a little bit you'll know better.

However, if you look at the age group you'll see that most of the
inconsiderate are teenagers. I have been the victim of young skiers
cutting across a merger zone because they were reckless.



As a teenager I deeply resent your insinuations.


As a snowboarder I deeply resent some insinuations made by skiers.


Therefore it
can be established that the equipment has little saying on behaviour
but rather it is directly proportionate to demographic.


As a famous rightwinger once said "There you go again!"
"Directly proportionate to edmolgraphic?"
Please translate....


its demographic. let me rephrase as it does make little sense. What I
tried to say is the equipment has nothing to do with it, but from a
statistical point of view, it more closely resembles the actions of
young adults more so than older people.

By the way, maybe you need some english classes.
  #20  
Old January 17th 05, 04:51 AM
Waco Paco
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Matthew Hennig wrote:

Waco Paco wrote in
:


Matthew Hennig wrote:

snip


Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved
with drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more
likely to be involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the
problem, then take your blinders off. And then the fact that I can't
enjoy the slopes in peace because the snow boarders start blaring
their "X-treme" music, its just wrong. I think JR raised some valid
points here and trying to ignore them like you are trying to do won't
make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.


Your self righteousness makes me wanna puke. Trying to pass off as
superior isn't going to solve any problem. Maybe you should try being
constructive as oppose to being destructive. Why don't you offer your
ideas on where these problems stem from. Wait, you already did. You
loosely pinned it on snowboarders.

Let me make some similar accusations. Skiers are all pricks, they
don't do drugs but like to drink irresponsibly, especially apres ski.
All skiers are self righteous. Skiers like to point all problems at
snowboarders. Skiers can't handle powder.

WOW, that was easy!! I never thought that it was so easy just making
generalizations that may or may not hold up to even half of all
skiers! I think I will use this approach more often to argue my
points. (I hope you understand that this whole paragraph was
sarcastic).

JR did bring up some valid points that there are assholes on the hill,
but to pin it on snowboarders is low, below the belt low. Like you
said, trying to ignore the facts won't make these problems go away,
BUT trying to pass the blame on some other group won't either.



Well, stu, until I see differently from all the snowboarders that come to
town, these generalizations are pretty much dead on. You ask for some
constructive advice, well here's my advice Paco. Snowboarders need to
stop using drugs. Period. Back in my day, I didn't need drugs to give
me a lift, I got that by having clean fun. You notice skiiers and other
mountain enthusaists don't feel the need to use drugs like snowboarders
do. And you're right that skiiers can't handle powder. That's because
skiiers aren't into drugs. They don't WANT powder.

JR had valid points because if you look at it scientifically, the
majority of the assholes are snowboarders. Look at the facts.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.


MH, its always easier to pin it on one thing isn't it. Like Terrorism,
its Saddam Hussein. Like air pollution, its big nasty factories. You
see, there are more to problems than just one cause. Most of the time
there are many causes. By the way, I'd like to know what drug use
contributes to the problems on the hill? Are snowboarders high as a kite
while they snowboard? or are drugs making them violent and inconsiderate?

Plus are you sure that skiers don't want powder? can you speak for all
of them? (tell you the truth, untouched powder is the purest form of
skiing or snowboarding because it is all natural)

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
snowboarders [email protected] Alpine Skiing 118 February 2nd 05 01:12 PM
Snowboarders threaten to switch flags in cash row Beloved Leader Snowboarding 0 January 30th 04 01:44 AM
CANADIAN SNOWBOARDERS dclarke Snowboarding 0 January 20th 04 09:56 AM
Search Resumes for 3 Utah Snowboarders i n k Snowboarding 0 December 27th 03 05:55 PM
Fight with the snowboarders at Como Sly D. Skeez Nordic Skiing 10 December 11th 03 12:26 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 SkiBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.