A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Snowboarding
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Snowboarders...losers???



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 16th 05, 05:08 PM
John Rogers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Snowboarders...losers???

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.

JR
Norman, OK
Ads
  #2  
Old January 16th 05, 08:30 PM
Terje Johan Abrahamsen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"John Rogers" wrote in message
...
Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.


Congratulations.... You win the prize for 'Troll of the day'....


  #3  
Old January 16th 05, 08:40 PM
Mekun
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:08:40 -0500, John Rogers
wrote:

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.

JR
Norman, OK




Hahahahaha nice. Troll anyone?
  #4  
Old January 16th 05, 08:46 PM
Bryan S. Crothers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[Mekun )]
[Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:40:33 -0800]

:On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:08:40 -0500, John Rogers
:wrote:
:
:Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
:their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
:getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
:haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
:country.
:
:The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
:ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
:I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
:on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
:so?
:
:Please, think about what I've said.
:
:JR
:Norman, OK
:
:
:
:Hahahahaha nice. Troll anyone?

None for me, please.. I'm trying to quit.

Getting pretty sick of the morons from RSS, myself. Their envy of what
we've got here on our newsgroup is sickening and sad. Losers.

--
Bryan S. Crothers, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"You either do or you don't believe, that it can or can't be done.
An ounce of faith and a touch of grace, and it can happen.. to anyone."

[Lonestar, "From There To Here"]
  #5  
Old January 16th 05, 09:15 PM
John Rogers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, "Terje Johan Abrahamsen" , well...
that's just like... your opinion man.


"John Rogers" wrote in message
.. .
Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.


Congratulations.... You win the prize for 'Troll of the day'....


Oh, now that's really mature calling people names and stuff all I'm
trying to do is understand why you people feel like you must act like
anachronists all the time with the crotch of your pants down to your
knees. I don't get it.

You people could use some Bibel.


  #6  
Old January 16th 05, 09:15 PM
Matthew Hennig
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mekun wrote in
:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:08:40 -0500, John Rogers
wrote:

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.

JR
Norman, OK




Hahahahaha nice. Troll anyone?


Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved with
drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more likely to be
involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the problem, then take
your blinders off. And then the fact that I can't enjoy the slopes in
peace because the snow boarders start blaring their "X-treme" music, its
just wrong. I think JR raised some valid points here and trying to
ignore them like you are trying to do won't make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.
  #7  
Old January 16th 05, 09:18 PM
Matthew Hennig
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

John Rogers wrote in
:

Yeah, "Terje Johan Abrahamsen" , well...
that's just like... your opinion man.


"John Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run
the country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and
their ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased
volume. I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb
other people on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the
right to do so?

Please, think about what I've said.


Congratulations.... You win the prize for 'Troll of the day'....


Oh, now that's really mature calling people names and stuff all I'm
trying to do is understand why you people feel like you must act like
anachronists all the time with the crotch of your pants down to your
knees. I don't get it.

You people could use some Bibel.


John, the fact is, these guys are interested in only drugs and causing
problems. Its sad that the youth today are doing this.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.
  #8  
Old January 16th 05, 10:01 PM
Saim Kim
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved with
drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more likely to be
involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the problem, then take
your blinders off.


So what`s your point? I think you are generalizing way too much! Who`s that
average person you are comparing snowboarders with? The nice 40-50 year old
father of 1.5 children? The point is, that most snowboarders are teenagers!
And yes, teenagers tend to be involved with drugs "than the average person"!
But so are age skiers! And about the vandalism: how do you define vandalism?
Destroying thing like... what? I think you are comparing with different
degrees of perception ie prejudice.

Non-smoking, non-drinking and non-vandalizing Snowboarder,
Saim

P.s.: There has been a study about growing stork populations and growing
number of babies in Austria. But guess what: "obvious" things don`t mean any
real correlation! ;-)


  #9  
Old January 16th 05, 11:21 PM
Waco Paco
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Matthew Hennig wrote:

John Rogers wrote in
:


Yeah, "Terje Johan Abrahamsen" , well...
that's just like... your opinion man.


"John Rogers" wrote in message
...

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run
the country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and
their ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased
volume. I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb
other people on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the
right to do so?

Please, think about what I've said.

Congratulations.... You win the prize for 'Troll of the day'....


Oh, now that's really mature calling people names and stuff all I'm
trying to do is understand why you people feel like you must act like
anachronists all the time with the crotch of your pants down to your
knees. I don't get it.

You people could use some Bibel.



John, the fact is, these guys are interested in only drugs and causing
problems. Its sad that the youth today are doing this.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.



HA, listen to yourselves! If my university has taught me anything, it is
to critically analyze people's arguments. Calling people names are
immature, but so is generalizing a group of people with the acts of
some! Yes, most of the snowboarders out there are teenagers, but I have
to disagree with your other generalization of snowboarders from your
limited experience and maybe tinted glasses. Your crude generalization
of snowboarders disgust me.

1. You tend to assume that all snowboarders revel in cutting across
skiers paths. I have seen many skiers cut across other skiers and
snowboarders and an equal amount of snowboarders doing the same. What
does that mean? It means that type of equipment has no saying in that
behaviour. However, if you look at the age group you'll see that most of
the inconsiderate are teenagers. I have been the victim of young skiers
cutting across a merger zone because they were reckless. Therefore it
can be established that the equipment has little saying on behaviour but
rather it is directly proportionate to demographic.

2. Haircuts or fashion have nothing to do with bad behaviour. I have
many friends who has "extreme" haircuts (mohawks, pink dye, dreads) who
are the most active people in school and community. Just because their
life style choices are different than yours doesn't mean they are less
equiped to function in society.

3. Joining society is a good thing. Your statement insinuates that those
who don't join society are bad people. Nelson Mandella did not join the
Apartheid society, and he is not bad. Sometimes lifestyle choices are
reflection of their attitude towards modern society. Punk rock in the
late 70's and early 80's stems from the youth's distrust over
government. Just because you are part of society, it doesn't mean that
you are better than others. In fact these others are excercising their
democratic rights by expressing themselves in a non-violent manner.

4. The bibel is spelled Bible (watch the capital B). No doubt the Bible
is a good book that many can learn from. Love for thy neighbour would be
a good one to learn for those inconsiderate ones. However, when you read
it you have to understand that Jesus was also a revolutionary, or even
anarchist if you will. He did not care for the Romans. Just because you
"don't get it" doesn't mean its a bad thing. A lot of people in Jesus'
time didn't get his teachings. They thought he was trying to usurp
leaders of Judaism and they put him to death. I know what you don't
understand can be frightening, so why don't you try and understand why
people have pants down to their crotch. Maybe then you can explain to
them why you look the way you do.

5. Passing judgement on others you don't even understand seems a little
prejudiced. "Us people" are commonly linked by our love for the sport of
snowboarding. What some snowboarders tend to do does not represent the
others who do not. You wouldn't judge the bulk of the snowboarding
community because of some punk on a snowboard that cut you off, would
you? Is it right to say that all Asians are good at math? or that all
Africans are violent? or snowboarders are assholes?

6. MH, the fact is that you have nothing to base your fact on. These
people you talk of, I assume, are snowboarders. However, I see many
young skiers who do the same. I also see many older skiers who do the
same. Also your assumption that these people are all youths is flawed.
Come by rec.skiing.snowboard and you'll see that that we are not all
youths. There are plenty middle aged snowboarders here (although I'm not
one of them). And for the last point, your assumption that the youth of
today are into drugs and destruction is also unfounded. I see many
youths out there not into drugs and destruction.

The rivalry between skiers and snowboarders is predominantly fueled by
the generalization of each group's perspective on the other. What I have
exhibited here is that presumptions about the other group only causes
animosity and serves only to widen the rift between the 2 sport. I think
it is time that people like you open up to the other group and try to
understand the differences and what truly makes up for the bad behaviour
on the slope. Ask yourself this question: does strapping a snowboard on
automatically make you a worse person than a skier? I hope that your
answer is NO and begin to see that there are other factors that make up
for these bad behaviour you see.
  #10  
Old January 16th 05, 11:31 PM
Waco Paco
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Matthew Hennig wrote:

snip


Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved with
drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more likely to be
involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the problem, then take
your blinders off. And then the fact that I can't enjoy the slopes in
peace because the snow boarders start blaring their "X-treme" music, its
just wrong. I think JR raised some valid points here and trying to
ignore them like you are trying to do won't make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.


Your self righteousness makes me wanna puke. Trying to pass off as
superior isn't going to solve any problem. Maybe you should try being
constructive as oppose to being destructive. Why don't you offer your
ideas on where these problems stem from. Wait, you already did. You
loosely pinned it on snowboarders.

Let me make some similar accusations. Skiers are all pricks, they don't
do drugs but like to drink irresponsibly, especially apres ski. All
skiers are self righteous. Skiers like to point all problems at
snowboarders. Skiers can't handle powder.

WOW, that was easy!! I never thought that it was so easy just making
generalizations that may or may not hold up to even half of all skiers!
I think I will use this approach more often to argue my points. (I hope
you understand that this whole paragraph was sarcastic).

JR did bring up some valid points that there are assholes on the hill,
but to pin it on snowboarders is low, below the belt low. Like you said,
trying to ignore the facts won't make these problems go away, BUT trying
to pass the blame on some other group won't either.

stu
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
snowboarders [email protected] Alpine Skiing 118 February 2nd 05 01:12 PM
Snowboarders threaten to switch flags in cash row Beloved Leader Snowboarding 0 January 30th 04 01:44 AM
CANADIAN SNOWBOARDERS dclarke Snowboarding 0 January 20th 04 09:56 AM
Search Resumes for 3 Utah Snowboarders i n k Snowboarding 0 December 27th 03 05:55 PM
Fight with the snowboarders at Como Sly D. Skeez Nordic Skiing 10 December 11th 03 12:26 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 SkiBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.