Fallback Options

Old November 29th 05, 12:03 AM

BrritSki wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

... and castor oil will ease the pain of arthritis.

Taken internally or externally ? (serious question)

Externally. Some people say it helps. Some people also say that a bar of
soap under your bottom sheet will eliminate leg pain.

I'm rubbing some (castor oil, not soap) on the damaged toe joint, but it
doesn't seem to be helping. Perhaps I need more faith.

Back in the old days (before I was born) castor oil was given as a laxative
and tasted so bad that children would scream in agony. I was looking forward
to it smelling like Castrol, but the stuff is absolutely odorless. I guess
kids are a lot tougher now, probably because of all the violent video games.

Long ago my baby son had a computer game that involved driving a car along a
road while avoiding obstacles and blasting something. I have to admit that
splattering the motorcycle cop was a lot more fun than going around him.

We're all going to hell.

--
Cheers, Bev
Teamwork: A bunch of people running around doing what I tell them.
Old November 29th 05, 12:24 AM

"The Real Bev" wrote in message

Long ago my baby son had a computer game that involved driving a car along
a road while avoiding obstacles and blasting something. I have to admit
that splattering the motorcycle cop was a lot more fun than going around
him.

Heh, Spy Hunter. A true classic in the early 80's generation of video
games.

Sean

We're all going to hell.

Old November 29th 05, 12:24 AM

tm wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
tm wrote:
AstroPax wrote:

Personally, I'm a strong believer in "preemptive action", provided
that there is reasonable evidence/belief that the action in question
is justified. IMO, I think that standard was met. How long do you
think that we should have allowed Iraq to keep playing "circle-jerk"?

I sure hope you clowns aren't planning on using that argument to
attack North Korea. Trust me, they don't have any oil.

And I'd guess that kim chee is pretty far down on our Xmas list too.

Well, that's a load of my mind. Those ****s are upwind, you know.

If everyone minded his own business the world would go around a great deal
faster.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try to argue with you. Not much point
init really if all we're going to do is agree.

Would it help if I threatened to annihilate North Korea unless it permits UN
inspection of its kim chee arsenal?

Old November 29th 05, 12:30 AM

Bob Lee wrote:

ant wrote:

tm wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
ant wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

Yup. Next year... The DIL is going to do Xmas, and she'll
doubtless get GOOD turkeys because since she's been buying organic
stuff the 6-YO grandspawn has lost his chronic cough.

That's a worry. Do they know what it was that was causing it?
We get organic (or free range) poultry for the taste, mainly.

No. The doc (a real one, not the HMO quack) ran a lot of tests and
came up with nothing at all. Cutting out non-organic foods seems to
have done the trick, though.

Probably not so much the "organic" as paying closer attention to diet.
Kids'll eat a lot of junk if you let 'em.

Yeah, but the cough is puzzling, an odd reaction to food and/or chemicals.

Are you thinking about the bird flu? I don't think we're at the point
yet in our bird flu panic yet where we're associating chronic coughs
with the approaching apocalyptic pandemic. Bev's family lives in SoCal,
where there's lots of junk floating around in the air. If a kid's
resistance was a bit low, I think a chronic cough would be a reasonable
reaction to breathing some of that crap. But IANADr.

The air is pretty good out in 1K Oaks and the kid has had the cough for
several years. I'd rather there were some other explanation, I don't want to
have to give up laughing at the granola/neti/coffee enema people...

Old November 29th 05, 12:33 AM

AstroPax wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:01:14 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

Not if you aim right.

STRATCOM drops nukes, so I doubt that such a specific aim point would
make too much of a difference in this case.

OK, I'm not particular. Ask them what they suggest and get back to me with a
quote.

Old November 29th 05, 12:53 AM

AstroPax wrote:

wrote:

OK, I'm not particular. Ask them what they suggest and get back to me with a
quote.

I just checked with them, and they said that you people need to do a
few more recall elections before they will even consider any sort of a
limited strike.

Third time is a charm!

Did you tell them that this is only a few miles of trench? Christ, it'll be
cheaper to hire those controlled-demolition guys than run another damn
election, especially if those union ****heads get involved. Every so often I
have this nifty fantasy about explosions starting at one end and running in
sequence down to the other. Boom....boom....boom....boom....

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 29th 05, 08:07 AM

The Real Bev wrote:
BrritSki wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

... and castor oil will ease the pain of arthritis.

Taken internally or externally ? (serious question)

Externally. Some people say it helps.

My knee has been bad for a few weeks and has been eased in the last
couple of days by lots of massage all round the joint and in the muscles
and tendons above and below. I've been using Ibuprofen gel at night and
regular massage oil in the morning.

Maybe the castor oil doesn't help in itself, and it's just the rubbing
on that gives relief.
Old November 29th 05, 08:18 AM

tm wrote:

Naming a grocery store 'Ralph's' always cracked me up.

Our favourite when we lived in Lubbock was Piggly-Wiggly.
The ads, home made by the owner with a deep Texan accent, were hilarious.
Old November 29th 05, 08:23 AM

tm wrote:
BrritSki wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

... and castor oil will ease the pain of arthritis.

Taken internally or externally ? (serious question)

Externally. Some people say it helps.

My knee has been bad for a few weeks and has been eased in the last
couple of days by lots of massage all round the joint and in the muscles
and tendons above and below. I've been using Ibuprofen gel at night and
regular massage oil in the morning.

Maybe the castor oil doesn't help in itself, and it's just the rubbing
on that gives relief.

Are you using the organic ibuprofen gel or the monsanto genetically
modified gel?

Dunno, but I am getting a bit worried about the tomato plants that are
sprouting in my crotch. Riding the Poma will be fun...
Old November 29th 05, 08:55 AM

Bob Lee wrote:
ant wrote:

Yeah, but the cough is puzzling, an odd reaction to food and/or
chemicals.

Are you thinking about the bird flu?

Bird flu?! No, I was not thinking about that.

Food intolerances, or intolerances to chemicals eaten, manifest themselves
in many ways, but to have a chronic cough is a bit off the beaten track.
Maybe they were giving him something like asthma. Just seems odd.

--
ant
http://www.dcita.gov.au/tel/do_not_call