FAO US posters....

Old February 28th 05, 11:38 AM
cupra

Default FAO US posters....

Anyone know the nearest (within 3-4 hours drive) good hill from Ft Smith,
Arkansas?

TIA!

Old February 28th 05, 11:39 AM
cupra

cupra wrote:
Anyone know the nearest (within 3-4 hours drive) good hill from Ft
Smith, Arkansas?

TIA!

I should have added "if there are any!". Apologies for lack of geographical
knowledge BTW!

Old February 28th 05, 07:04 PM
Eric

I'm not sure, but...we get bus loads of vacationers from Arkansas here
in Colorado (especially southern CO), and I don't think any of them
that I've talked to on the lift have ever skiied anywhere other than
Colorado or maybe northern New Mexico.

Sorry,
Eric

Old February 28th 05, 07:05 PM
Walt

cupra wrote:
cupra wrote:

Anyone know the nearest (within 3-4 hours drive) good hill from Ft
Smith, Arkansas?

TIA!

I should have added "if there are any!". Apologies for lack of geographical
knowledge BTW!

Ask Skidweeb:

http://www.skidweeb.com/index.cgi?s=drive&v=all&z=72901

The short answer is that you're SOL.

--
//-Walt
//
Old February 28th 05, 07:58 PM
cupra

Walt wrote:
cupra wrote:
cupra wrote:

Anyone know the nearest (within 3-4 hours drive) good hill from Ft
Smith, Arkansas?

TIA!

I should have added "if there are any!". Apologies for lack of
geographical knowledge BTW!

Ask Skidweeb:

http://www.skidweeb.com/index.cgi?s=drive&v=all&z=72901

The short answer is that you're SOL.

Nice site - nearest is 6.4 hrs.... just a little too far for a day out!

Old February 28th 05, 08:29 PM
Mike T

http://www.skidweeb.com/index.cgi?s=drive&v=all&z=72901

The short answer is that you're SOL.

Nice site - nearest is 6.4 hrs.... just a little too far for a day out!

Cool site - there are some bugs though. Willamette Pass is *not* only 12
minutes farther from Portland, OR than Mt Hood Meadows, nor is Timberline
closer than Ski Bowl, considering you have to drive past Ski Bowl to get to
Timberline.

Mike T

Old February 28th 05, 09:43 PM
Walt

Mike T wrote:

http://www.skidweeb.com/index.cgi?s=drive&v=all&z=72901

Nice site - nearest is 6.4 hrs.... just a little too far for a day out!

Cool site - there are some bugs though. Willamette Pass is *not* only 12
minutes farther from Portland, OR than Mt Hood Meadows, nor is Timberline
closer than Ski Bowl, considering you have to drive past Ski Bowl to get to
Timberline.

The driving distance data is provided by Mapquest, so it's only as
accurate as Mapquest's data. Ya get what ya pay for, I suppose.

Note also that Canadian resorts are excluded.

--
//-Walt
//
Old February 28th 05, 09:53 PM
Mike T

The driving distance data is provided by Mapquest, so it's only as
accurate as Mapquest's data. Ya get what ya pay for, I suppose.

Eh - should have figured that out on my own!