Binding Reccomendations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 23rd 05, 12:14 AM
lonerider

Jay wrote:
"lonerider" wrote in message
The Burton P1MDs are my current bindings (I just sold my Cateks to
Mike!) and they are a nice blend of dampened smooth riding with

decent
responsiveness - unfortunately they cost $270 retail - but I got

mine
on Ebay for $80 (with a Burton Fish that I wanted to try out).

Burton
makes you pay a premium for their brand name, and while their high

end
stuff is usually decent... it's the lower end stuff that I would

shy
away from - so I'm not a big Burton fan in general.

Yep, the P1s are good. They have this system where you can move the

strap
position without taking the bindings off the board which is actually

quite
useful. (forward setting for jumps and rails, rear setting for

cruising).

One thing to watch though is that the straps are non-standard and

most shops
don't stock them so could be a good idea to get a spare set.

Wait, how do you adjust the straps without taking the bindings off the
board? From my fiddling with it (I don't have the instruction booklet),
I could only seem to move the straps when I lifted the binding off the
board. I'm a little confused by how the toeramp adjustment works (I
have small feet so I just moved it "in" the most assuming you'd only
want a longer base for bigger feet). What else can I adjust (I've
rotated highbacks and increased forward lean).

Thanks