V1 / videos

Old December 30th 03, 10:54 PM
Derick Fay

Default V1 / videos

Just had a chance to look at Ken's videos, & to look again at the Alsgar=
d =

videos Some thoughts: 1) you're right about Quicktime -- the arrow key =
/ =

frame-by-frame thing is really helpful; will use it for mpegs as well fr=
om =

now on. 2) my first reaction looking at Ken's concurs that it looks lik=
e =

straddling -- compare the ThomasSprint and Alsgard1 videos -- when I wat=
ch =

these slow what really strikes me is that by the time TA shifts his weig=
ht =

onto a new ski, that ski is completely under his body, with his recoveri=
ng =

leg pointing *inward* almost as if he's landing on an outside edge =

slightly; it's also there a moment before the weight transfer takes =

place. Also impressive how much the recovering leg travels. 3) this fi=
ts =

with my experience working on skating uphill so far these past few weeks=
=

-- I have found that the most important thing for me to climb more easil=
y =

and quickly whether L/O, V1 or V2 is to make sure I get that recovering =

leg underneath me prior to the transfer.

My $.02 worth.
Derick

-- =