good spots in Tahoe?

Old April 21st 04, 04:28 PM
jaycb74

Default good spots in Tahoe?

Looking for a good spot where we can build some jumps and have a good time
in the spring sun. We usually went to a spot near Granlibaken but b/c it is
now spring, the base is gone there. Our cabin is located on the west shore,
looking for a nearby place with easy access.

We have gone over to a place near Mt. Rose but that is about a 40 minute
drive for us.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Old April 21st 04, 05:14 PM
lal_truckee

jaycb74 wrote:

Looking for a good spot where we can build some jumps and have a good time
in the spring sun. We usually went to a spot near Granlibaken but b/c it is
now spring, the base is gone there. Our cabin is located on the west shore,
looking for a nearby place with easy access.

We have gone over to a place near Mt. Rose but that is about a 40 minute
drive for us.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Head up Ward Creek - hike toward Twin Peaks when you come to the end of
the road.

Old April 21st 04, 11:42 PM
lal_truckee

jaycb74 wrote:

Thanks, can you tell me where Ward Creek is?

Behind Granlibaken; but you take a different road from the lake - check
a local map.

Old April 22nd 04, 05:24 PM
jaycb74

Ahh...I see it, right around the corner from us! Nice! So I'm going to be
persistent here... You said at the end of the road that you can park
and hike towards Twin Peaks area, are the trails pretty visible from traffic
or are we going to be creating our own? I heard about a foot of snow fell
this week.

Thanks for your help!

Old April 22nd 04, 06:28 PM
lal_truckee

jaycb74 wrote:

Ahh...I see it, right around the corner from us! Nice! So I'm going to be
persistent here... You said at the end of the road that you can park
and hike towards Twin Peaks area, are the trails pretty visible from traffic
or are we going to be creating our own? I heard about a foot of snow fell
this week.

Trails? What trails?

Just wander toward easily visible Twin Peaks till you come upon a
suitable spot.
Old April 27th 04, 04:47 PM
jaycb74

lal_truckee...going to try and keep this thread going.

so we drove back there this past weekend, you end up on the backside of
Alpine at the Sherwood chair, is this where we should have parked and
started hiking towards twin peaks? We also say a tahoe rim trailhead a
couple miles before that, good spot to enter?

Thanks!

Old April 27th 04, 06:09 PM
lal_truckee

jaycb74 wrote:
lal_truckee...going to try and keep this thread going.

Why?

so we drove back there this past weekend, you end up on the backside of
Alpine at the Sherwood chair, is this where we should have parked and
started hiking towards twin peaks? We also say a tahoe rim trailhead a
couple miles before that, good spot to enter?

I don't know - I've never gone in there to "build some jumps and have a
good time in the spring sun." I've been in there to climb and ski the
natural terrain. But there's plenty of variable pitches, easily accessed
within a couple of hundred yards of the road end - if you want to build
a jump, pick a slope and have at it...