Did I made a mistake with these skis?

Old July 21st 03, 02:11 PM
www.amogen.com

Default Did I made a mistake with these skis?

Chris,
Just like you I am 6'3" and 70Kg ish!!
Last year I was looking for a new pair of ski's so went to our local indoor
snow slope and tried out a few pairs. I really wanted a pair of Salomon
X-Scream's so I tired out other before borrowing a pair of men's an women's
X-Screams (both 163's). The men's were OK, but the women's for me just
rocked!! I bought a pair that very day and used them all the time last
season. They are the best pair of ski's I have ever had!!
Don't be too worried about them being Women's Ski's. Only people in the
know of what colour women's skis are will ever know, but when they see you
tearing up the trail, they will soon shut their mouths!!
I don't worry what people think of what gear I wear. You shouldn't either!!

Old July 21st 03, 02:17 PM
Mike Yetsko

"www.amogen.com" wrote in
message ...
Chris,
Just like you I am 6'3" and 70Kg ish!!
Last year I was looking for a new pair of ski's so went to our local

indoor
snow slope and tried out a few pairs. I really wanted a pair of Salomon
X-Scream's so I tired out other before borrowing a pair of men's an

women's
X-Screams (both 163's). The men's were OK, but the women's for me just
rocked!! I bought a pair that very day and used them all the time last
season. They are the best pair of ski's I have ever had!!
Don't be too worried about them being Women's Ski's. Only people in the
know of what colour women's skis are will ever know, but when they see you
tearing up the trail, they will soon shut their mouths!!
I don't worry what people think of what gear I wear. You shouldn't

either!!

It's not always the color. Last year the Rossignol womens skis were only
noticeable by the 'L' after the model number.

Hey, the skis are different. If the difference helps you, then it helps.

Old July 21st 03, 02:21 PM
Mike Yetsko

"InMyTree" wrote in message
Do you know.. that sounds really logical, but it just isn't the truth..

Watch Bowling for Columbine.. the rest of the world does not have

America's
problems.. mainly, I'm sure, because it doesn't have your government or

your
laws..

Ahh... Michael Moore's faked fantasy... I guess some people see it in
a movie and think that it's real.

I know one person that saw the movie Titanic and INSISTED that history
was wrong because 'in the movie they showed it...'

Oh my God!! What about the movie JFK????

Old July 21st 03, 04:19 PM
The Real Bev

Mike Yetsko wrote:

And I've had a few scary things happen... Once I witnessed a crime on
my way home. So I stopped and reported it. Then I was put in the
position of being asked if I would agree to ID the guy. I said sure...

Hey, you don't need a gun to stop crime, just chutzpa. My husband's aunt,
75 years old, 5 feet tall and 80 pounds soaking wet was walking home at
3:00 am from her job in White Plains. She saw a guy bent over in a
doorway trying to pick the lock. Instead of tiptoeing away like a
sensible person she yelled, "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" and the
guy ran away. Dot was a holy terror even when she wasn't angry, and the
only time she wasn't angry was when she was sleeping, which was about 3
hours a day.

Remarkable though she may have been, she didn't (ob)ski.

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++
Old July 21st 03, 05:17 PM
Mike Yetsko

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Mike Yetsko wrote:

And I've had a few scary things happen... Once I witnessed a crime on
my way home. So I stopped and reported it. Then I was put in the
position of being asked if I would agree to ID the guy. I said sure...

Hey, you don't need a gun to stop crime, just chutzpa. My husband's aunt,
75 years old, 5 feet tall and 80 pounds soaking wet was walking home at
3:00 am from her job in White Plains. She saw a guy bent over in a
doorway trying to pick the lock. Instead of tiptoeing away like a
sensible person she yelled, "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" and the
guy ran away. Dot was a holy terror even when she wasn't angry, and the
only time she wasn't angry was when she was sleeping, which was about 3
hours a day.

Remarkable though she may have been, she didn't (ob)ski.

Cheers, Bev

Thing is, evil fears the light. You're right, all it takes MOST of the time
is to just shed some light... As to 'barging in', sorry, I'm not John
Wayne. I think that's probably the most frightening image to non-gun
folks too. The casual civilian, barging in, 'coming to the rescue' kind
of thing.

Hey, the gun is for MY protection, not to enforce anything anywhere.
But that does NOT mean I have to stand idly by while something
happens, especially if someone is getting hurt.

Mike

Old July 22nd 03, 02:21 AM
Chris

Actually, the skis are off-white with a grey tail. They do not look at all
like women skis (purple flowers and all). The only thing is that they have
the word "Lightning" written on them. So I do not expect that many people
would know what I am skiing on.

My only concern what with having a ski with a balance or flex which would be
unnatural for a men. Head had the bright idea to not "feminize" or
"girlying" the skis by putting flowers or big pink stripes, etc. I bet a
lot of good female skiers would not want to be seen with those skis either!

I agree with a few comments so far. I am not going to have the same
aggressiveness with these skis as with my K2 XR's. But I usually ski from
9:00 till 8:00/9:00 at night since my favourite ski centre has night skiing.
I am quite active and in good shape; I run 5 miles/8 km each day, and add
weight training also. But after 4-5 hours of aggressive skiing, I am usually
a bit tire and, as anybody who skis with XRs will attest, and mistake will
bring you down quickly. (I've got a couple of good wipe-out to prove it).
By mid-afternoon, I am ready to cruise at a slower pace and lighter, longer
skis may help.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:25 AM
MoonMan

In , Sue typed:
In message , MoonMan
writes

you would have to be a very good shot or extremely lucky to kill
someone with an olympic .22 target pistol.

You'd just need a bit of imagination. Spose you stood on a bridge
over the fast lane of the M4 shooting downwards, frinstance?

I thought lumps of concrete where the WMD of choice *:-(

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 22nd 03, 03:44 PM
pigo

Default Cars don't kill people; people do was carp

"CurtisLemay" wrote in message
news:cGhhdHBoaWw=.de5c99af193872791a2a4b8d2d7ac1fe @1058887325.cotse.net.
Mike Yetsko wrote:

I guess I'm going to have quit carrying my concealed car.

Big Macs don't kill people, people do
Bath Tubs don't kill people, people do
Chain Saws don't kill people (I LOVE chain saws), people do
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman doesn't kill people, well actually it
does.

You mean "Dr. Quinn Stinky Medicine Pussy"?

Ya know, there appears to be a number of idiots that think that
people are incapable of moderating their own behavior. After you
ban guns, what's next (I mean if someone who is inclined to
murder they will just find something else to use). Knives,
Screwdrivers, Autos, Alcohol, smoking, Pesticides, Window
washer fluid, antifreeze, food (gotta ban them Oreo cookies).

Fact of the matter is you cannot legislate a sanitized-risk free life
on this planet (When are you going to ban Volcanoes, Floods,
Earthquakes, Avalanches and errant asteroids). Actually there is
even a bigger fact, you are all gonna die - get over it.

Ironically, the people that scream the loudest about gun control are
frequently advocates of legalizing prohibited substances. I would
like to see the statistics on drug-overdose related deaths/trauma
as opposed to fire-arm casualties. Where is the logic in all of this?
There isn't any. There are enough laws on the frickin books
already. Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law on any violation.
People have to and must be held accountable and not treated like
some errant misbehaving can't think for himself child.

Ban children. Isn't *every* murderer someones child? 'works for me!

Old July 22nd 03, 07:56 PM
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

* Me, my tapeworm, the King, and virtually all the rabble on this
newsgroup support this view, so I'm justified in using the second person
plural.

We are not amused. "We" is the first person plural, not the second.

Doh! We knew that .... and we are really embarrased....

--
//-Walt
//
Old July 23rd 03, 05:43 AM
AstroPax

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:08:39 +0100, "InMyTree"
wrote:

So where should we draw the line?

I know. Let's have a party, a Tea Party, in Boston...and we can talk
about it.

Thankfully I live in a country where gun's are much more controlled, and I
don't have to worry about having to defend myself.. even police don't carry
guns!

That's correct. In the UK, the "real" guns are over-controlled by the
government, so people resort to using the fake ones...and even go so
far as trying to shoot the police with them.

And apparently, those "non-gun-carrying-police" manage to shoot back!

So, if the police don't carry guns, and the citizens don't either, how
and why are people shooting at the police, and how are the police
shooting back?

Anyway, I guess UK gun control is no big deal. After all, what good
would a mere handgun do to prevent your typical IRA bombing attack?

-Astro